Windows 10: transferring a movie to a flash drive

Discus and support transferring a movie to a flash drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I have a movie I converted to an MP4 file and want to move it to a USB flash drive. The file is a little over 5gb and the drive is 32mb. I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mickeddie, Jan 30, 2018.

1. mickeddie Win User

transferring a movie to a flash drive

Hi. I have a movie I converted to an MP4 file and want to move it to a USB flash drive. The file is a little over 5gb and the drive is 32mb. I get a message that the file is too large for the destination which is not possible. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you.

:)

mickeddie, Jan 30, 2018
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jan 30, 2018
  3. akaukora Win User
    5800 and flash

It seems the flash lite player is in fact installed. Flash movies, that I transfer to the phone open in the flash player. Videos on Youtube mobile open in the RealPlayer application. However, videos integrated to websites, such as the full version of YouTube
    have not been working.

akaukora, Jan 30, 2018
  4. mickeddie Win User

I should google first - I just had to reformat the drive in NTFS format.

mickeddie, Jan 30, 2018
  5. lx07 Win User
    Or Ex-fat.

Depends where you want to use it. My TV will not read NTFS.

6. strollin Win User
    Huh? Was the problem stated correctly? There's no way a 5GB movie will fit on a 32MB flash drive. Did you mean to say it was a 32GB drive?

strollin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. transferring a movie to a flash drive - Similar Threads - transferring movie flash

2. Trying to download windows on a mac to transfer to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to download windows on a mac to transfer to a flash drive: Looking for some help. My son's Ibuypower computer is having issues and during a chat, with them, they sent me a link to download windows again and a link to a youtube video explaining how to do that. The issue is that the only working computers in the house are Macs. I...
  3. Transfer photos to a flash drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Transfer photos to a flash drive: I made some photo albums in the Windows 10 photos section. How do I select the albums and then transfer them onto a flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-photos-to-a-flash-drive/368d08ba-794d-4026-bdd5-304109ec2af0
  4. transfer picture from one drive to flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer picture from one drive to flash drive: Transfer pictures from one drive to flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-picture-from-one-drive-to-flash-drive/1922bad8-dc8b-4c70-a802-7d34281e6bec
  5. Transfer File from CD to Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer File from CD to Flash Drive: I have an instructional CD that is audio / video that I need to transfer to a flash drive as computer has not a CD Drive [Original Title: file transfer]...
  6. Transfer of emails to flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer of emails to flash drive: I have set up the POP mail account managed by my ISP in my Windows Mail app and have kept a large number of old emails there. Now my ISP is telling me that I am running out of the storage capacity allocated to me and I need to pay extra to increase the storage space. Since...
  7. how to transfer a large amount of items to a flash drive

how to transfer a large amount of items to a flash drive: Recently, my laptop has run out of memory and I decided to get a flash drive for it. Yet I cant seem to transfer large amounts of files without having to go through each one to see if its movable if you have any solutions I would love your help....
  8. how to transfer video file to a flash drive

how to transfer video file to a flash drive: how to transfer video file to a flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-video-file-to-a-flash-drive/d0c61b55-e5b5-451d-8357-30255340d6b5"
  9. Saving downloaded movies onto a flash drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Saving downloaded movies onto a flash drive: Hi. For the first time I downloaded a movie I purchased from the Microsoft store. It seems like I can only watch it online (under "My Films and TV"). Is there a way I can save it on to a flash drive and watch it on another device devoid of Internet connection? I already paid...
  10. transferring photos to a flash drive with Windows 10

transferring photos to a flash drive with Windows 10: Windows 10 may be ok in many respects, transferring photos to a flash drive is not. Nevertheless, after an hour or so of trial and error, and receiving incorrect information from the help center, I did discover a method that will enable the transfer to be made using this...