Windows 10: Transferring a Win 10 Pro License to a new computer.

Discus and support Transferring a Win 10 Pro License to a new computer. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just got a new i710700 computer to do audio and video work. This one came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. My old computer will be used only for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DavidKelln, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Transferring a Win 10 Pro License to a new computer.

Just got a new i710700 computer to do audio and video work.

This one came with Windows 10 home pre-installed.

My old computer will be used only for office stuff now and it has Win10 pro on it.

Can I transfer the pro license to the new computer and just have win 10 home on the old one?

Would I need to re-install the Windows 10 Home version on the old computer again?

:)

DavidKelln, Nov 27, 2020

2. Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Transferring a Win 10 Pro License to a new computer.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Transferring a Win 10 Pro License to a new computer.

1. Transferring a Win 10 Pro License to a new computer. - Similar Threads - Transferring Pro License

2. Transfer Win 11 Pro license to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Win 11 Pro license to new computer: How do I do this?New computer has Win 11 Home OEM installed, but I have a Win 11 Pro on my old computer.Is it possible to transfer Pro version over to new computer?...
  3. Transfer Win 11 Pro license to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Win 11 Pro license to new computer: How do I do this?New computer has Win 11 Home OEM installed, but I have a Win 11 Pro on my old computer.Is it possible to transfer Pro version over to new computer?...
  4. Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer: I had a major failure on a Dell laptop that had Windows Home on it when I purchased it. I upgraded it to Windows Pro through the Windows Store and received a digital license. I purchased a new Surface Pro that came with Windows Home and I would like to move the Pro license...
  5. Transfering Win 10 license to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Win 10 license to a new computer: Hi, I have two questions about licenses of Win 10. So I have two computers right now, mostly using the newer one. Both of them are digital licenses linked to my MS account and both of them are updated from windows 7. One of them being Windows 10 Pro the newer PC and the...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 Pro License to New Computer

Transfer Windows 10 Pro License to New Computer: Hi, I have a laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 10 Home. Earlier this year, I had to purchase the $99 Windows 10 Pro digital license through Microsoft Store for that computer. I'm pretty sure there is no product key for it, as it's a digital license. It is linked to...
  7. New computer - transfer windows 10 pro license

New computer - transfer windows 10 pro license: I have an Windows 10 Pro license, purchased from Microsoft as a Digital License. It is active on my current PC that originally came with Windows 10 Home. I have purchased a new PC with Windows 10 Home and would like to transfer the Pro license to it, and keep my old PC with...
  8. Unable to transfer license for Win 10 Pro

Unable to transfer license for Win 10 Pro: I am pretty sure more than one person had this trouble. Let's make this "real". I am considering switching to Windows 10 last ... spring. So I walked into the store, and I bought a copy of Windows 10 Professional, physical disk attached with license and activation code....
  9. Transfering win 10 license to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfering win 10 license to new computer: Hello! So I felt it was about time to build a new gaming rig as my current one has passed 9 years already and has seen better days. And for my final touch, I want to transfer my win 10 license if possible to my new computer. I've looked around the webs and I understand that...
  10. Transfer License Win 10 Pro to New Hardware?

Transfer License Win 10 Pro to New Hardware?: A couple of months ago I bricked a Dell Laptop. Finally got a replacement and realized I have no idea where my Windows 8.1 Pro activation key is that I used to trade up to the free Windows 10 64-bit upgrade. I have the hard drive from my Dell with the fried motherboard and...