Windows 10: Transferring a Windows 10 Digital Licence PC to a new owner?

Discus and support Transferring a Windows 10 Digital Licence PC to a new owner? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My sister has a Windows 10 PC she is giving to my nephew and we are trying to figure out how to get the licence in his name? I need to do a full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JamesJr55, Jun 16, 2020.

1. JamesJr55 Win User

Transferring a Windows 10 Digital Licence PC to a new owner?

My sister has a Windows 10 PC she is giving to my nephew and we are trying to figure out how to get the licence in his name? I need to do a full reinstall but with the licence tied to my sisters account how would I do it? It was a Windows 7 till she did the free upgrade. I have looked everywhere and can't get a straight answer.

:)

JamesJr55, Jun 16, 2020

2. Transfer digital licence

Hello, i recently bought a new PC and i cant transfer my digital licence from old pc for activating windows 10..

i have a digital licence linked to my microsoft account win 10 pro retail version.. can anyone help me ?

and yes i tried the troubleshooter, and he didnt recognize my new PC.. but the new PC is there in devices on my microsoft account

NenadAdzic, Jun 16, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    Windows 10 Digital License Transfer

1) You cannot transfer digital licence without using MS account if original key is not retail. If original key is retail, you can just use it to activate new pc.

Your windows 7 key should still be valid if retail.

Your legal obligation is to wipe windows from old pc if you reinstall on new pc and transfer licence (either by reusing retail key or doing a digital licence transfer if linked to MS account).

The fact old pc might activate automatically if new owner installs windows is not your problem provided you did not indicate it will activate automatically.

cereberus, Jun 16, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Transfer of digital licence

Hi Arjut

Do you want that licence to transfer over to the new owner?

If so, you have nothing to do, that will happen automatically when they log into Windows 10 using their Microsoft Account

If you do not want that licence to transfer over, because it is retail licence, you must remove it before selling the device

Open Command Prompt as Administrator

Paste this command into that window and hit Enter:

slmgr /upk

When that command completes, close Command Prompt

You can then use that licence on your new PC . . .

DaveM121, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Transferring a Windows 10 Digital Licence PC to a new owner? - Similar Threads - Transferring Digital Licence

2. Transferring a digital licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring a digital licence to a new computer: I am going to buy a new computer and I will buy a new windows 11 license for that new computer and the computer I am currently using has a windows 10 which is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. The problem is I want to format this computer and...
  3. Transferring a digital licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring a digital licence to a new computer: I am going to buy a new computer and I will buy a new windows 11 license for that new computer and the computer I am currently using has a windows 10 which is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. The problem is I want to format this computer and...
  4. Transferring a digital licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Transfer Digital Licence

Transfer Digital Licence: Hi,I have just built a PC and want to transfer my Win 10 licence to the new build. I have seen guides to deactivate licence on old machine but I have no way of recording my licence key and am afraid of deactivating the old machine and being left with no active licence.Methods...
  6. Transferring Of Windows Digital Licences

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring Of Windows Digital Licences: I have an old PC, it's an Acer ATC-780A-UR12. I bought it brand new from Micro center years back, I finally have a better PC built and would like to transfer my digital licence. Out of the Box, my old PC had Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Installed, after looking in my setting it is...
  7. Windows Digital licence transfer

Windows Digital licence transfer: Hi, hoping someone can help me. I have significantly upgraded my PC almost everything apart from BD and case! and have had to re-install Windows. The digital licence I had associated with the original PC will not install on my new PC and tells me it is invalid. From...
  8. Transfer digital licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer digital licence: Hello, i recently bought a new PC and i cant transfer my digital licence from old pc for activating windows 10.. i have a digital licence linked to my microsoft account win 10 pro retail version.. can anyone help me ? and yes i tried the troubleshooter, and he didnt...
  9. Transfer of digital licence

Transfer of digital licence: I have a windows 10(home) laptop with digital licence linked to my email id. Now i want to sell the laptop to another person. Question 1- how can he/she get the licence or in other words how can I transfer my ownership to him/her. Question 2- will i have to buy a new...
  10. Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE???

Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE???: Hi there! Could anyone help me out with this.... before i had win7 product and i got a free to win10 and i updrageded it, in my activation status it says that windows is digitally licenced to ur Microsoft account and i no where find my win7 product key...now the problem...