Windows 10: Transferring a Windows 10 PC to Someone Else

Discus and support Transferring a Windows 10 PC to Someone Else in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an HP Laptop with an up to date version of Windows 10 Home that I want to give to an elderly friend to use. I've deleted all of my files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JM - Bainbridge, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Transferring a Windows 10 PC to Someone Else

I have an HP Laptop with an up to date version of Windows 10 Home that I want to give to an elderly friend to use. I've deleted all of my files, pictures, programs, history, etc., but I'm not sure how to delete myself as the Administrator and set up a new Administrator account for the new owner. Is there a procedure that I can follow to accomplish this?

Thanks!

:)

JM - Bainbridge, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 17, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 17, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Transferring a Windows 10 PC to Someone Else

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Transferring a Windows 10 PC to Someone Else

1. Transferring a Windows 10 PC to Someone Else - Similar Threads - Transferring Someone Else

2. Can I transfer my Windows 10PRO PC digital license to someone else ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I transfer my Windows 10PRO PC digital license to someone else ?: I want to donate my PC w/Win-10 Pro. It is a digital license connected to my MS Account.Can this digital license be transferred to someone else ? I also have another Win-10 Pro digital license that I am not using. Can that be transferred to someone else ?...
  3. Can I transfer my Windows 10PRO PC digital license to someone else ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer my Windows 10PRO PC digital license to someone else ?: I want to donate my PC w/Win-10 Pro. It is a digital license connected to my MS Account.Can this digital license be transferred to someone else ? I also have another Win-10 Pro digital license that I am not using. Can that be transferred to someone else ?...
  4. Can I transfer my Windows 10PRO PC digital license to someone else ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to install Windows 10 for someone else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 10 for someone else: Hello,I've tried installing Windows 10 for someone else from a USBdisk created with the Windows MediaCreatoinTool.exe.But I immediately also get questions like 'connect to internet', 'your name' etc. Some I can bypass but some not.How do I install Windows so I can finish the...
  6. Disable add someone else to this pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable add someone else to this pc: Hi I am running windows 10 pro and I want to disable the ability to add a new user to the pc? If not limiting what new user access to the internet or files would help?I have already enabled block microsoft accounts, this does nothing. Why is that considered a solution?...
  7. someone else is still using this PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    someone else is still using this PC: whe I was going to shut down my pc I get this message [ATTACH] then I realized that , this is the user who is logged in my pc, who is this user, and how he logged in [ATTACH]...
  8. How to transfer a laptop to my Windows 10 account from someone else's account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to transfer a laptop to my Windows 10 account from someone else's account?: I recently acquired a laptop, and I am trying to set myself up on the laptop. The problem is that the laptop is locked to the previous owner's Windows 10 account. I have tried to transfer the laptop to my account, but the problem is.... the previous owner died suddenly, and...
  9. Someone else is still using this pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Someone else is still using this pc: whats happening :- i log in to user 1 , shutdown . i use laptop again i log into user 2. when i try to shut down from user 2 it says some one is using the pc , the user 1 is still signed in even after shutdown it happens all the time then i have to go to user 1 to sign...
  10. Account on someone elses PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Account on someone elses PC: A whiIe ago I added my xbox account to a friend’s laptop because it gave me the standard “add you account to access your account features and track achievements and all that?” messge. I clicked yes abd after that his account could not access things like the web browser. He...