Windows 10: Transferring a Windows 10 Pro Pro Pack? License from an old laptop to a laptop with Windows...

Discus and support Transferring a Windows 10 Pro Pro Pack? License from an old laptop to a laptop with Windows... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I am buying a new laptop that comes with an OEM version of Windows 10 Home. My old laptop originally had Windows 7 Home Premium OEM installed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PrinceLyon, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Transferring a Windows 10 Pro Pro Pack? License from an old laptop to a laptop with Windows...

Hello. I am buying a new laptop that comes with an OEM version of Windows 10 Home. My old laptop originally had Windows 7 Home Premium OEM installed. Later on I installed the free Windows 10 Home upgrade. Finally, I purchased and installed Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store. This I believe gives me a Windows 10 Pro Digital License, tied to my Microsoft Account. In Windows Activation Settings, it says that "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft Account."

Now, my question is: Would it be possible to transfer this Windows 10 Pro License to the new laptop, or are Windows 10 Pro and Home licenses separate from one another? Would the new laptop need to Pro already installed on it? Could I use the Activation Troubleshooter to make the transfer? Is there another way?

Thanks for your time.

:)

PrinceLyon, Mar 1, 2021
  2. sbaviera Win User

Windows Pro License Transfer from old laptop to new

Hello,

I have a windows pro license in an old laptop and I want to transfer it to my newly bought laptop so I won't have to pay twice in getting windows 10 pro. How do I go about this?

sbaviera, Mar 1, 2021
  3. wkrimes Win User
    Transfer Windows 10 pro from old laptop to new laptop

Well the old laptop had Windows 8 pro then Windows 8.1 pro, and now 10 pro, I want to transfer my Windows 10 pro from my old laptop to this new laptop, so whats my luck on being able to do that??

wkrimes, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Transferring a Windows 10 Pro Pro Pack? License from an old laptop to a laptop with Windows...

Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from OLD laptop to --> New laptop's OEM Windows 10 home

Hello there,

My old laptop has retired which came with DOS, I bought "Windows 7 pro" for it; then later upgraded it to "Win 10 pro" as Microsoft was generous to let me do that for free.

Now I bought a new laptop which has OEM "Windows 10 Home", I wish to make use of "Windows 10 Pro" license that I already have on old laptop which I don't use anymore.

Please suggest if it's possible and if yes sharing the process would help.

Thank you.

PavanChaudhari, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Transferring a Windows 10 Pro Pro Pack? License from an old laptop to a laptop with Windows...

1. Transferring a Windows 10 Pro Pro Pack? License from an old laptop to a laptop with Windows... - Similar Threads - Transferring Pro Pro

2. Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop: Hello All,I recently bought a new laptop that comes with Windows 11 home single language pre-installed OEM, I have my old laptop which has windows 10 Pro activated and it's linked to my MS account. I upgraded that from Microsoft store, which is retail license. my old laptop...
  3. Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop: Hello All,I recently bought a new laptop that comes with Windows 11 home single language pre-installed OEM, I have my old laptop which has windows 10 Pro activated and it's linked to my MS account. I upgraded that from Microsoft store, which is retail license. my old laptop...
  4. Windows Pro License - Migrate / Transfer to Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Pro License - Migrate / Transfer to Laptop: How do I transfer my license from my desktop that has just cratered to my existing laptop? I bought the Windows Pro upgrade through the online Store 2 weeks ago for my desktop and then it cratered. I've since migrated all the data and everything to my existing laptop that is...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop: Hello! A laptop I had, using a retail license of Windows 10 Pro, died a while ago and cannot be repaired - the laptop remained at the seller and he sent a replacement unit which is yet to arrive. Is there any way I can migrate the Pro license to a new machine? Thank you for...
  6. Windows 10 pro license transfer between my old laptop and new laptop

Windows 10 pro license transfer between my old laptop and new laptop: Hi, I have bought the new DELL XPS 15 9500 about two months ago, this the laptop comes with windows 10 home pre-installed into it, so upgraded the pre-installed version to windows 10 pro, thought Microsoft website, I paid for it about USD139. As all know the new DELL XPS...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from OLD laptop to --> New laptop's OEM Windows 10 home

Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from OLD laptop to --> New laptop's OEM Windows 10 home: Hello there, My old laptop has retired which came with DOS, I bought "Windows 7 pro" for it; then later upgraded it to "Win 10 pro" as Microsoft was generous to let me do that for free. Now I bought a new laptop which has OEM "Windows 10 Home", I wish to make use of...
  8. Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop

Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop: Hi Few months back i purchased the retail license of windows 10 pro from microsoft site and install the same on my laptop. Now there is some problem with my existing laptop and need to buy a new one. Can I transfer this license from this old laptop to new laptop? If i go to...
  9. Windows Pro License Transfer from old laptop to new

Windows Pro License Transfer from old laptop to new: Hello, I have a windows pro license in an old laptop and I want to transfer it to my newly bought laptop so I won't have to pay twice in getting windows 10 pro. How do I go about this?...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 Pro product key from old laptop to new laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro product key from old laptop to new laptop: Hi, I currently have an old laptop that is running Windows 10 Pro and is activated, I would like to no longer use this laptop and transfer this product key (digital license) to my new refurbished laptop that is also running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried to find my product...