Windows 10: Transferring account to new PC

Discus and support Transferring account to new PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, My current PC is on its last legs so, before it fails completely, I'm getting a new one. I have an existing Microsoft account and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mr BTW, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Mr BTW Win User

Transferring account to new PC

Hi guys,

My current PC is on its last legs so, before it fails completely, I'm getting a new one. I have an existing Microsoft account and have Windows 10 Pro and access to Office applications such as Excel and Word. If I sign into my existing account on a new PC will I automatically have access to the same suite of programs? If not, what do I need to do to ensure a smooth transfer of these facilities? Your guidance will me most appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Mr BTW, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

3. Transferring an account on Windows 10 (EDITED)

Hi,

As you are facing issue with transferring an account on windows 10, I would surely help you with it.

But I would like to know the below information,

• Entire account: are you referring to a Microsoft account or a local user account?
    If it is a Microsoft user account the same settings will synchronize to the new user account.

Steps to transfer the files to the new admin user account.

• Open file explorer and double click on OS (C Transferring account to new PC :).

• Go to Users and try transferring all the data’s/ files to the new user account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Transferring account to new PC - Similar Threads - Transferring account

2. Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?: Hello Everyone, I Recently Purchase Lenovo Laptop Which Was Running On Window 10 Enterprise. Then I Linked My Microsoft Account To It, And My Window Is Activated With Key Linked To My Microsoft Account But Unfortunately I Forgot the Password Of My Microsoft Account And I...
  3. Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?: Hello Everyone, I Recently Purchase Lenovo Laptop Which Was Running On Window 10 Enterprise. Then I Linked My Microsoft Account To It, And My Window Is Activated With Key Linked To My Microsoft Account But Unfortunately I Forgot the Password Of My Microsoft Account And I...
  4. Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I transfer my photos currently in my google account to my yahoo account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer my photos currently in my google account to my yahoo account: Can I transfer my photos currently in my google account to my yahoo account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-my-photos-currently-in-my-google/245bda57-7356-4bb3-bb51-218c30ca87bc
  6. Can I transfer my photos currently in my google account to my yahoo account

Can I transfer my photos currently in my google account to my yahoo account: Can I transfer my photos currently in my google account to my yahoo account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-my-photos-currently-in-my-google/245bda57-7356-4bb3-bb51-218c30ca87bc
  7. Can I transfer my photos currently in my google account to my yahoo account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can i transfer my windows license account to another company: I am having windows volume license. I want to change this license to another company name. what is the procedure for this company name change.ThanksSudhakar Shanmugamoorthy...
  9. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i transfer my windows license account to another company: I am having windows volume license. I want to change this license to another company name. what is the procedure for this company name change.ThanksSudhakar Shanmugamoorthy...
  10. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company