Windows 10: Transferring all data to new admin account

Discus and support Transferring all data to new admin account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am currently using an admin account with the wrong email and i would like to make a new admin account with the correct email so i am able to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/butterfingerboy, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Transferring all data to new admin account

I am currently using an admin account with the wrong email and i would like to make a new admin account with the correct email so i am able to use OneDrive. How can i transfer everything to the new admin account? Thanks

submitted by /u/butterfingerboy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/butterfingerboy, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

Kari, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Transferring an account on Windows 10 (EDITED)

Hi,

As you are facing issue with transferring an account on windows 10, I would surely help you with it.

But I would like to know the below information,

• Entire account: are you referring to a Microsoft account or a local user account?
    If it is a Microsoft user account the same settings will synchronize to the new user account.

Steps to transfer the files to the new admin user account.

• Open file explorer and double click on OS (C Transferring all data to new admin account :).

• Go to Users and try transferring all the data’s/ files to the new user account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Oct 3, 2020
  4. NinkobEi Win User

Transferring all data to new admin account

windows 7 hidden admin account infected

visit safemode, log into admin account. download malwarebytes (or transfer from usb). run malwarebytes. exit safe mode. run an updated malwarebytes on admin account. eat some pie ;D

NinkobEi, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Transferring all data to new admin account

1. Transferring all data to new admin account - Similar Threads - Transferring data admin

2. transfer microsoft account data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer microsoft account data: I need to transfer all my things from my school account to my personal account becuase I have excel worksheets and word docs and powerpoint presentations and I don't know how to transfer them all to my personal account....
  3. transfer microsoft account data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer microsoft account data: I need to transfer all my things from my school account to my personal account becuase I have excel worksheets and word docs and powerpoint presentations and I don't know how to transfer them all to my personal account....
  4. transfer microsoft account data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. transfer windows 10 all data & settings to new laptop

transfer windows 10 all data & settings to new laptop: I have a replacement laptop I want to transfer everything, data, software, licences etc. both are Toshiba pro on windows 10, can I just use a patch cable between the two & copy using explorer? TIA...
  6. Transfer Data to New Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Data to New Computer: Hi,I am getting a replacement computer from HP and they have said that they will be shipping an upgrade because they do not make the old one anymore. I need to know if it is possible to transfer the data from an image backup of my current computer without receiving any errors...
  7. Transfer all data from old to new laptop?

Transfer all data from old to new laptop?: Hello, everyone, I will get a new laptop soon and want to transfer all my data (files, photos, software...) from my old to my new notebook. It is Windows 10. I have seen several options on the internet, but I don't know which method to use. I hope you can help me. Thanks...
  8. Transfer laptop ownership to new Microsoft Account while keeping all data

Transfer laptop ownership to new Microsoft Account while keeping all data: Hi, I'd like to transfer my old laptop to a family member. I'd like to keep all of the files and data attached to the my profile, just putting these under my family member's account/name. Do I have to manually do this ie backup GB's of photos and files or is there a way...
  9. Data transfer to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data transfer to new laptop: Hello, What is the best way to transfer data from an old HP Win 10 laptop to new HP Win 10 laptop? Old laptop: 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive ~450GB used, Win 10 Home 64 New laptop: 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive + 256GB M.2 SSD, Win 10 Home 64 Plus I assume the OS will be loaded on...
  10. Data transfer to new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data transfer to new computer: Okay, I am completely frustrated. My old desktop Windows 7 crashed. I had used an external hard drive(WD My Passport) to back up my files once a month. I had also used flash drives. I purchased and received my new desktop which is Windows 10. I am unable to get the flash...