Windows 10: Transferring an installed game on the Microsoft Store to another computer game not owned

Discus and support Transferring an installed game on the Microsoft Store to another computer game not owned in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a game installed on an old computer. It says "This product is installed" and it allows me to open the game and play it. It also gives me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zaid Al-Kazemi, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Transferring an installed game on the Microsoft Store to another computer game not owned

I have a game installed on an old computer. It says "This product is installed" and it allows me to open the game and play it. It also gives me the option to "Buy to own", which I assume would give me full control and allow me to install this game on 10 different devices as I read elsewhere. Since the game is already installed on this old computer, and I am able to play it there, how do I transfer this ability to my new computer? Instead of buying a game I already own just to play it on my new computer. I am not expecting to be able to play it on both devices as I did not "Bu

:)

Zaid Al-Kazemi, Apr 22, 2021

2. purchased game

Hi,

To install a game on you need to make sure that you sign in on your computer using the Microsoft account that you use to purchased the game. To install a game on Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

• Using your Microsoft account, sign in to the PC where you want to install your games.
    • On the Start screen, select the Store icon.
    • In the Store, select Games from the menu.
    • Browse to and select the game you want to buy.

If you already own the game, you can install it on your PC. Otherwise, select Install to download and install the game.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 22, 2021
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Transferring an installed game on the Microsoft Store to another computer game not owned

Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Transferring an installed game on the Microsoft Store to another computer game not owned

1. Transferring an installed game on the Microsoft Store to another computer game not owned - Similar Threads - Transferring installed game

2. Transferring Microsoft store games to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Microsoft store games to new computer: Hello everyone. This is my first post. I have a real dilemma. I bought my wife a new computer. We want to transfer her games free not bought from one computer to the new one. She has been playing them for years and does not want to start from the beginning. Is this possible?...
  3. Transferring Microsoft store games to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Microsoft store games to new computer: Hello everyone. This is my first post. I have a real dilemma. I bought my wife a new computer. We want to transfer her games free not bought from one computer to the new one. She has been playing them for years and does not want to start from the beginning. Is this possible?...
  4. Microsoft store not installing games that i own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not installing games that i own.: I'm trying to redownload Minecraft and a few other games I own on the Microsoft store. none of them will install. It allows me to search for them and pull up the games page on the store but the install button when clicked goes from a pink to the grayed out and will stay...
  5. Microsoft store not installing games that i own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store not installing games that i own.: I'm trying to redownload Minecraft and a few other games I own on the Microsoft store. none of them will install. It allows me to search for them and pull up the games page on the store but the install button when clicked goes from a pink to the grayed out and will stay...
  6. Microsoft Store : Game is not installing, The Game is owned but Install option is faded

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store : Game is not installing, The Game is owned but Install option is faded: Greetings! This is a problem i think some people might face. My 1 app and 1 game is currently on download and none of them is downloading[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Transfer Microsoft Store game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Microsoft Store game: I have a new laptop and wish to transfer GTA San Andreas from my old laptop to my new. Where would I start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-microsoft-store-game/50c8b18e-53c8-4f58-be82-5d397bcf7898
  8. Transfer a game on another pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer a game on another pc: So when you bought minecraft Java edition it came with a code for minecraft windows 10. I used that code on my account in 2015 on my other computer but when i tried to use it on my new computer with the same account it only offered me the free trial. So i tried the uninstall...
  9. Transfering Windows Store games to another PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfering Windows Store games to another PC: So, I've downloaded a bunch of games from my account to my notebook (a friend of mine has a pretty fast internet, so I went there with the notebook to download) and wanted to copy the files to my PC, but I'm tied up in the windowsapps folder permission shenanigans. I've...
  10. I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,...: I downloaded Sea Of Thieves onto my secondary hard drive and it was running really slow. So I made space on my SSD and tried to transfer it over using the Move command in the Settings panel.. My computer crashed half way through the transfer and now I can't resume the...