Windows 10: Transferring application to new laptop

Discus and support Transferring application to new laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Case #: 1487872524 I have purchased a new laptop which I intend to use while traveling. I am trying to transfer an old MS application, "Streets and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SteveSchatzle, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Transferring application to new laptop

Case #: 1487872524

I have purchased a new laptop which I intend to use while traveling. I am trying to transfer an old MS application, "Streets and Trips", which I use for directions. This application is no longer supported, but is still useful for me. I transferred the application to my laptop, but when I enter the Product Code, I get a message that I have exceeded the allowed number of transfers. I cannot not get help because the software is not supported. How can I get around the Product Code issue, so I can run this software?

Thanks,

Steve

:)

SteveSchatzle, Nov 10, 2019

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 10, 2019
  3. TChen4 Win User
    Help!!! Broke our new laptop and need to transfer Office Home & Student to new laptop

Help!!!

Broke our new laptop recently and need to transfer Office Home & Student 2019 to a new laptop.

Can anyone help provide simple steps to transfer?

Thanks!

TChen4, Nov 10, 2019
  4. DavidRVA Win User

Transferring application to new laptop

Transfer files (Pictures, Documents) from a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 PC

I recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. My old laptop has windows 7. Can anyone list the step-by-step instructions for transferring the data to the new machine? I understand that windows easy transfer is no longer an option for windows 10.

DavidRVA, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Transferring application to new laptop

1. Transferring application to new laptop - Similar Threads - Transferring application laptop

2. Transfer digital license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  3. Transferring Windows Key to New laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows Key to New laptop: I have on old Laptop that came with a Windows Home Key. I later upgraded to pro with a product key. Now I have bought another laptop with a home key. Now I want to transfer the pro key to the new laptop and go back to Home version on my older laptop. I cannot downgrade to the...
  4. Transfer from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer from old to new laptop: Not sure this is the right forum for this but if not please point me in the right direction. I currently have an 8 year old laptop running Win 10 Pro x 64 and MS Office 2013. It is not capable of running Win 11 when it is released.I am considering the purchase of a new laptop...
  5. Transferring existing programmes to new laptop

Transferring existing programmes to new laptop: Apologies if this has been covered before, but search only popped up one other close thread: Situation: Ageing W7Pro OEM laptop upgraded to W10Pro 2004 (now slowing badly with age, like me) - wish to buy new sparkling toy. Object: Would like to 'carry' all installed progs to...
  6. Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop: Something went wrong with my Windows 7. I will figure it out in due time. But for now, I just want to copy and paste the appropriate Outlook files from my Windows 7 to my Windows 10 computer. In Windows 10, I already created a non-email Outlook user profile with the pst...
  7. Data transfer to new laptop

Data transfer to new laptop: Hello, What is the best way to transfer data from an old HP Win 10 laptop to new HP Win 10 laptop? Old laptop: 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive ~450GB used, Win 10 Home 64 New laptop: 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive + 256GB M.2 SSD, Win 10 Home 64 Plus I assume the OS will be loaded on...
  8. Transfer old laptop to new

Transfer old laptop to new: Can someone please let me know how to transfer as much as possible from my old Windows 10 laptop to a new one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-old-laptop-to-new/5fc63d8d-751c-446a-aad5-5f587e816202
  9. Transfer SSD to new laptop

Transfer SSD to new laptop: My laptop is on its last legs and needs replacing. But it has a good SSD with Windows 10 and lots of data on it which I want to keep. Can I buy a new laptop with no HDD or OS and transfer my existing SSD complete with OS straight into it? Am I allowed to transfer my existing...
  10. new laptop transfer files

new laptop transfer files: I have a new laptop and want to get everything off the old one and onto the new one. I tried to find a USB transfer cored but had no luck and now I am sitting here wasting valuable time when I need to be working. Someone know what I should be doing here?...