Windows 10: Transferring apps / programs from C drive to D drive SD Card

Discus and support Transferring apps / programs from C drive to D drive SD Card in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [ATTACH] For some years I have followed the practice of transferring, if possible. apps / programs from the C Drive to the D Drive, an integral SD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Clayto222, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Clayto222 Win User

Transferring apps / programs from C drive to D drive SD Card

Transferring apps / programs from C drive to D drive SD Card 757a8bee-6323-4919-9793-87113e22ca7a?upload=true.png

For some years I have followed the practice of transferring, if possible. apps / programs from the C Drive to the D Drive, an integral SD Card --- in order to reduce space usage on the C drive. I have done this via Settings, Apps. For various reasons some cannot be transferred, but many can. Until now, with my new Tablet PC. Instead I get the response shown above. I do not know what it means or what to do about it, nor have I found anyone who does know what it means.

I hope someone can explain and offer advice here.

:)

Clayto222, Jan 28, 2021
  2. gini Win User

Program installed on SD card runs but is not shown on drive

Great call! Program was on C drive. not the SD card. Prior to installation, I'd set new apps to be saved to the SD card, but after the installation I changed the setting back to This PC, as I didn't want all future apps to automatically install to the SD card. I will have to try an installation again to see if the program is located where I think it is!

Thank you!

3. Edward2 Win User
    Use SD card D drive for Upgrades. SD card not recognized for upgrades?

I'm setting up a budget computer lab and I'm in possession of a bunch of windows 10 Mini pcs Z8350, with 2GB Ram and 32GB eMMC ss drives.

These little pcs work great to a point, after some quick optimization, and migration of larger files and applications to a SD card D: drive. I had Win 10 occupying 10-11GB. The problem I'm having is trying to persuade Windows 10 updates to load to the D: drive.

Windows even opens a dialog at one point suggesting use of an external drive, USB Flash or HDD, completely disregarding the fact that there is a 64GB NTFS D: drive available.

I'm using a common method to redirect updates from C: to D; using mklink /j C:Windows/SoftwareDistribution D:Windows/softwareDistribution.

What can I do to make my 64GB NTFS SD D: drives compatible with Windows 10 updates?

Edward2, Jan 28, 2021
  4. gabbydgar Win User

How to add D drive to C when it is an SD card

Found this on the community site. You can merge the existing C & D drive partition without any third party tools. Here are the steps: Assume D is just a data partition and doesn't contain the page file, boot files or a second operating system. If so, merge the partition by removing D and extending C, as follows:
    1. Back up to and external devise any important data on D, optional, move the same important data from D to C.
    2. Right click computer >Manage >Storage>Disk Management, then right click the graphic of the D partition an select Delete. The partition returns to Unallocated for a Primary Partition or free space if it's a Logical Diver within an Extended Partition. Delete the partition if it is a extended partition.
    3. Now right click the graphic of the C partition and select Extend.

My D drive as stated before is an SD card, no page file, boot files or a second os. 16mb unallocated 58.23gb ex fat healthy (primary partition). Trying to enlarge C: on a Nextbook tablet.

Does anyone see a problem with this method?

gabbydgar, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Transferring apps / programs from C drive to D drive SD Card - Similar Threads - Transferring apps programs

2. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive: can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-files-from-a-c-drive-to-d-drive/8d0460ac-5cfe-47b9-bfe4-2b64b76f0b19
  3. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive: can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-files-from-a-c-drive-to-d-drive/8d0460ac-5cfe-47b9-bfe4-2b64b76f0b19
  4. Transfer Microsoft office from C drive to D drive.

Transfer Microsoft office from C drive to D drive.: Hello, good evening, I would like to transfer Microsoft office 2019 from C drive to D drive on my laptop, HP Probook 450 G7, I am on Windows 10 version 20H2. Previously I contact with the community but received no answer, maybe because of the mail address. Please help. My...
  5. office transfer from c drive to d drive.

office transfer from c drive to d drive.: Hello, Good afternoon, I would like to transfer Microsoft office 2019 from C drive to D drive on my HP Probook 450 g7. I am on Windows 10 version 20H2. Please help me....
  6. Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive

Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive: Hi, I am wanting to re-link my default folder from C Drive and transfer all files over to D Drive. How do I do that? Regards Chung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-file-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/a2298baa-2832-4aae-ab78-4e9a5115d2f3
  7. Merge SD card to C: drive

Merge SD card to C: drive: Hey community i would like to know how to merge my SD card to my main C: drive, [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merge-sd-card-to-c-drive/58411a25-3fbf-4e76-900b-20cfd7e1cd4d
  8. Moving app from C: drive to D: drive

Moving app from C: drive to D: drive: How do I move an app to a different internal drive? I'm aware of the move tool in the apps and features settings but it is greyed out and unavailable with no explanation as to why. I'd rather move the application without uninstalling and reinstalling it as it is a large file...
  9. Transfer of memory from 'D' drive to 'C' drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer of memory from 'D' drive to 'C' drive: Can I transfer memory from Mt'D' drive to my 'C' drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-memory-from-d-drive-to-c-drive/f9ad4878-0e61-4b53-8db7-053eaafd61b9
  10. How to add D drive to C when it is an SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to add D drive to C when it is an SD card: Have a nextbook with only 35gb of internal storage and 28gb is used by the Win 10 os & apps. System allows use of an SD card (60gb) which I have added and it is shown as disk 1 in disk management - 16mb unallocated, 58.23gb eFAT healthy(primary partition). Can this be added...