Windows 10: transferring backed up files to new PC I received "couldn't find backup. how to fix

Discus and support transferring backed up files to new PC I received "couldn't find backup. how to fix in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am setting up new PC. I want to transfer files from old PC windows 10 . I backed up old pc files to OneDrive. New PC won't restore. says "coudn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Juicebb, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Juicebb Win User

transferring backed up files to new PC I received "couldn't find backup. how to fix

I am setting up new PC. I want to transfer files from old PC windows 10 . I backed up old pc files to OneDrive. New PC won't restore. says "coudn't find backup". How to fix?

:)

Juicebb, Dec 6, 2023
  2. 5rollason Win User

File transfer windows 10 to windows 10 using backup and restore

Hello

I'm afraid you still don't seem to have understood my question.

Let me try again step by step.

My plan:

• Upgrade old PC running W7 to W10
    • Buy new PC with W10 pre-installed
    • Back up files and settings on old PC
    • Restore that backup onto new PC
    • Install application software onto new PC
    • New PC becomes my default PC, old one goes into retirement.
    I was aware that Windows 7 Easy Transfer would not run on W10 which was why I proposed this option.

I have now found an article which gives me confidence that I am on the right track. Although it refers to an earlier operating system

Back up your Windows PC - Microsoft Support

5rollason, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Dec 6, 2023
  4. transferring backed up files to new PC I received "couldn't find backup. how to fix

"We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

transferring backed up files to new PC I received "couldn't find backup. how to fix 264278d1579822155t-we-couldn-t-create-new-partition-locate-existing-one-image4.jpg

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

transferring backed up files to new PC I received "couldn't find backup. how to fix 264280d1579822192t-we-couldn-t-create-new-partition-locate-existing-one-image5.jpg

hsehestedt, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

transferring backed up files to new PC I received "couldn't find backup. how to fix

1. transferring backed up files to new PC I received "couldn't find backup. how to fix - Similar Threads - transferring backed files

2. "can not find script file msvcp140_2" pop up couldn't be fixed :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "can not find script file msvcp140_2" pop up couldn't be fixed :: HiI probably downloaded a scam file that windows defender identify it as virus, then removed it.The problem is I'm getting a message constantly asking for missing file I guess as I start up the windows. I'll appear again after clicking OK. I have tried many solutions none of...
  3. "can not find script file msvcp140_2" pop up couldn't be fixed :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "can not find script file msvcp140_2" pop up couldn't be fixed :: HiI probably downloaded a scam file that windows defender identify it as virus, then removed it.The problem is I'm getting a message constantly asking for missing file I guess as I start up the windows. I'll appear again after clicking OK. I have tried many solutions none of...
  4. "can not find script file msvcp140_2" pop up couldn't be fixed :

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. transferring backed up files to new PC I received "couldn't find backup. how to fix

transferring backed up files to new PC I received "couldn't find backup. how to fix: I am setting up new PC. I want to transfer files from old PC windows 10 . I backed up old pc files to OneDrive. New PC won't restore. says "coudn't find backup". How to fix?...
  6. How to Find Backup Files After Clicked Set up New Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Find Backup Files After Clicked Set up New Pc: Hi everyone. A month ago, I resetted my window 11 laptop for some reasons and i did it with reset everything and local install. But when im done it show a menu that will you use your backup or set it as new pc? I clicked set up new pc and its fully resetted. I want to ask...
  7. How to Find Backup Files After Clicked Set up New Pc

How to Find Backup Files After Clicked Set up New Pc: Hi everyone. A month ago, I resetted my window 11 laptop for some reasons and i did it with reset everything and local install. But when im done it show a menu that will you use your backup or set it as new pc? I clicked set up new pc and its fully resetted. I want to ask...
  8. How to transfer my back up external hard drive to new pc

How to transfer my back up external hard drive to new pc: I was wondering if it is possible to transfer my backed up external hard drive to a new pc I built. I want to keep all my settings, files, downloads, and drivers to the new pc....
  9. How to transfer my back up external hard drive to new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to transfer my back up external hard drive to new pc: I was wondering if it is possible to transfer my backed up external hard drive to a new pc I built. I want to keep all my settings, files, downloads, and drivers to the new pc....
  10. Find files that are NOT backed up ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Find files that are NOT backed up ?: I backed up my files to another drive and I think they are okay, but how can i check to be sure that they are all backed up okay and find those that aren't ? I moved some about, so I cannot just compare the directories exactly. 92327