Windows 10: Transferring boot drive with windows 10 to another laptop

Discus and support Transferring boot drive with windows 10 to another laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, I bought a gaming laptop a while ago and got a license of windows 10 education on it, but I want to upgrade my device and was wondering if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pileup60, Nov 1, 2019.

1. pileup60 Win User

Transferring boot drive with windows 10 to another laptop

Hey all,
    I bought a gaming laptop a while ago and got a license of windows 10 education on it, but I want to upgrade my device and was wondering if I could simply deactivate windows, put my boot drive in the new laptop and reuse the license on it instead. It takes quite some time installing windows and all of my other software, and I was wondering if I could save time this way.

My windows is version number 1903(Build 18362.356)

:)

pileup60, Nov 1, 2019
  2. sttubs Win User

Windows 10 boot drive

Is Windows 10 also limited to a max of 3Tb for a boot drive?

sttubs, Nov 1, 2019
  3. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Valix80 Win User

Cannot transfer files from the laptop to the drives

Original Title: Windows10 & External Hard Drive

Hi,

I've connected my two LaCie external hard drives (rugged and D2 Quadra) to a Windows 10 laptop but they both are not working. They are ExFat and I've tried to reformat them. Windows 10 can see the drives, I can copy and paste files from
    the drives to the laptop. But I cannot transfer files from the laptop to the drives. All the drivers are updated. It looks like my dives are not fully compatible with Windows10? Any suggestions please? Can I have a list of external hard drives compatible with
    Windows 10 please?

Valix80, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Transferring boot drive with windows 10 to another laptop - Similar Threads - Transferring boot drive

2. Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another: Hello,I am in a unique situation where I had to remove my hard drive from my windows computer. All the contents of that hard drive now lives in a locally shared folder space dropbox. I now would like to copy the contents of the old hard drive now on dropbox to another hard...
  3. Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another: Hello,I am in a unique situation where I had to remove my hard drive from my windows computer. All the contents of that hard drive now lives in a locally shared folder space dropbox. I now would like to copy the contents of the old hard drive now on dropbox to another hard...
  4. Transfer Windows license to another laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows license to another laptop: I lost my laptop which had a genuine copy of Windows 10 Home. Now, I am using another laptop but it came with no pre-installed OS. So I want to reuse the old license of the window on my new laptop. Is it possible? Also, I do not have the product key of the lost laptop but it...
  5. Transferring windows from 1 drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring windows from 1 drive to another: Hello, I have recently bought a Samsung 860 evo 500gb and I wanted to know if i could transfer windows and all its files to the Samsung 860 evo from my current 250gb ssd, without having to buy a new windows license. Thank you for your help!...
  6. transfer windows 10pro to another laptop

transfer windows 10pro to another laptop: I had a desktop with windows 10pro it recently suffered a power supply failure the hardrive is in good conditions it works perfect but I bought a asus vivobook with windows 10 can I transfer my license from the 10pro to the 10...
  7. Transferring boot drive with windows 10 to another laptop

Transferring boot drive with windows 10 to another laptop: Hey all, I bought a gaming laptop a while ago and got a license of windows 10 education on it, but I want to upgrade my device and was wondering if I could simply deactivate windows, put my boot drive in the new laptop and reuse the license on it instead. It takes quite some...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home: Hi Everyone, This is my first time asking to this community, sorry if this kind of post or question is not comply with community guidelines. My old laptop (let's call it A46CB) is installed with Windows 10 Pro and already activated. I got it from free upgrade from my...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC

Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC: Situation: I have two Laptop PC's, 1. A DELL VOSTRO with an SSD drive, Windows 10 PRO installed. The hardware on this computer is dying. I have a Prod ID, a Prod Key and the Activation window states "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive: Hello! I have only 2 gb free space on my system drive, so I have a question. Is there a way to transfer working windows 10 system to another hard drive without reinstalling it?...