Windows 10: Transferring C: Drive

Discus and support Transferring C: Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an m.2 SSD and what to make it my boot drive without a clean install. I've heard you can clone the drive, then simply make that drive the boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fool, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Fool Win User

Transferring C: Drive

I have an m.2 SSD and what to make it my boot drive without a clean install. I've heard you can clone the drive, then simply make that drive the boot drive from BIOS. Is it that simple? And is there a recommended cloning program?

This is my registered windows program and will be the only PC in use, in case that's an issue.

:)

2. LonGun Win User

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Jacee Win User

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Transferring C: Drive - Similar Threads - Transferring Drive

2. When transfering pictures to my external hard drive how can I set it up to catch duplicate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When transfering pictures to my external hard drive how can I set it up to catch duplicate...: When transfering pictures to my external hard drive how can I set it up to catch duplicate pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-transfering-pictures-to-my-external-hard/3b13f5ec-5a7d-45e2-b94d-01061aff7328
  3. When transfering pictures to my external hard drive how can I set it up to catch duplicate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When transfering pictures to my external hard drive how can I set it up to catch duplicate...: When transfering pictures to my external hard drive how can I set it up to catch duplicate pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-transfering-pictures-to-my-external-hard/3b13f5ec-5a7d-45e2-b94d-01061aff7328
  4. How to transfer Windows 10 to another drive or install it a second time?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer Windows 10 to another drive or install it a second time?: I have my windows 10 operating system installed onto my hard drive 2TB , but i want to put it on my m.2 500GB instead. I've had this computer for around 5 years so I very much do not want to reset my hard drive because of all of the files on it. I've looked around for answers...
  5. I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...

I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...: I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop but I can't see the pictures...when I click on the picture it says "its looks like we don't support this file format" what's the solution??...
  6. I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...: I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop but I can't see the pictures...when I click on the picture it says "its looks like we don't support this file format" what's the solution??...
  7. I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...

8. How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?

How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?: I need to know how to transfer the C drive of Windows 10 that you have listed in Microsoft to my laptop. Is there a way that I can do that? Thanks....
  9. How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?: I need to know how to transfer the C drive of Windows 10 that you have listed in Microsoft to my laptop. Is there a way that I can do that? Thanks....
  10. How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?