Windows 10: Transferring content of windows 10 DVD to USB

Discus and support Transferring content of windows 10 DVD to USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my laptop doesn't have a optical drive and I got a fresh windows 10 installtion disk from HP. I need to convert these to a bootable USB drive. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rgo_pal, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Rgo_pal Win User

Transferring content of windows 10 DVD to USB

So my laptop doesn't have a optical drive and I got a fresh windows 10 installtion disk from HP. I need to convert these to a bootable USB drive.

Now the problem is I have 4 DVD disks of windows 10. I saw online converting a disk to USB using DISKPART from command prompt. But it is only for one disk installation. Can anyone show me how to convert all 4 parts of these disks to USB?

:)

Rgo_pal, Jun 3, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Unable to burn the content to DVD on Windows 10.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in burning the content to DVD on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also Refer to the section Rip and burn CDs from:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about:
    Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Transferring content of windows 10 DVD to USB

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Transferring content of windows 10 DVD to USB

1. Transferring content of windows 10 DVD to USB - Similar Threads - Transferring content DVD

2. transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10: I keep getting the message try another device tried three different usb cables still get this message c an you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-vhs-tape-to-dvd-windows-10/1c900507-fbbe-4069-844f-02de0629dca3
  3. Windows 10 bootable transferable USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 bootable transferable USB: I was wondering if i can create an USB drive with activated Windows 10 so i can play Sea of Thieves, but still use my Windows 7 for other tasks, and to have it with me when walking around world same way as you can have Linux distro with you on way..., so i will be able to run...
  4. Windows 10 is getting new Android content transfer feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting new Android content transfer feature: Microsoft isn’t making another Windows phone, but it has found a way to make its presence in the smartphone space felt even without its own mobile OS. Microsoft’s Android apps are doing really well in Play Store and one of the most recent examples is the Your Phone app for...
  5. Windows 10 usb/dvd not compatible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 usb/dvd not compatible: My pc dose not accept windows 10 instalition media through usb or dvd it has accepted linux and freedos when i try a windows 10 usb it shows me the rog icon then the loading dots pop up and freeze after a few seconds then freezes last tome i tried it also gave me bsod even...
  6. DVD with APRESO content

DVD with APRESO content: I have an old DVD . When i try to run it on my system, it displays the following: After performing a check of your system, it has been determined that you must make the following adjustments to view this Apreso as intended by the creator: Required Component Your...
  7. DVD file transfer

DVD file transfer: How can I transfer a DVD file on my computer and have the disc play on a DVD player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-file-transfer/e1b6b78c-3d36-437a-bf7d-5b82af5c7010
  8. Transfer and edit DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer and edit DVD: I tried VLC to transfer and edit DVD in the PC. But it does not recognize VIDEO_TS. I decided to try Movie Maker and Video Editor but with no avail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-and-edit-dvd/cbe2387a-f42d-4bd1-aee2-44ad24afb15f"
  9. USB/DVD

USB/DVD: When I insert USB, the DVD opens up instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usbdvd/8331da2d-5a57-40d7-8a00-2b8bc75fe42c
  10. DVD-R disc - contents not recognized

DVD-R disc - contents not recognized: I have several DVD discs that were recorded on a standalone DVD recorder and finalized. The content of these discs is non-commercial: home movies transferred from a Mini-DV camcorder. Windows 10 shows the discs as being blank. When viewed in Disc Management, it shows the file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Transfering contents of dvd to usb