Windows 10: Transferring data from eMMC C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't...

Discus and support Transferring data from eMMC C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to recover data from an unbootable laptop with a eMMC drive. I can now see the drive and wish to copy it to my Seagate Backup Drive, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alpha2Omega, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Transferring data from eMMC C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't...

I'm trying to recover data from an unbootable laptop with a eMMC drive. I can now see the drive and wish to copy it to my Seagate Backup Drive, but I have no mouse.

Transferring data from eMMC  C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't... [​IMG]

the Ctl + C & Ctrl + V from C: to Seagate do not operate. Also when I opened up te C: Drive it did not list all files :

Transferring data from eMMC  C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't... [​IMG]

How do I copy the C: Drive onto my Seagate Backup USB Drive?

And then how do I see the files that must be there but are not listed?

If you can answer in part I would be grateful.

Transferring data from eMMC C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

:)

Alpha2Omega, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Restoring One Drive data on Seagate Backup Portable Drive to Windows Explorer -To This PC -Documents

Thought I was being smart; bought a Seagate Backup Portable Drive to backup data. Big mistake! Lost some needed documents that were stored in my Windows 10 One Drive. Tried using the Seagate Dashboard RESTORE program but it did not restore any One Drive
    documents. Called Seagate for help. Rep indicated that One Drive is a Microsoft Cloud program and the Seagate Drive could not restore One Drive documents. If it can be done, how do I retrieve the One Drive documents on the Seagate Drive and restore them to
    the Windows Explorer-To This PC-Documents? I now realize I could have simply used a flash drive to copy the One Drive documents.

Richard S., Dec 3, 2018
  4. Transferring data from eMMC C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't...

Seagate Drive Problems

I am experiencing the same problem. This Seagate USB drive was used on the same PC for over a year. The user plugged it in a couple of weeks ago and now cannot access any data from any computer. She had another Seagate USB drive that do the same thing.
    They show in disc manager with no drive letter. When first plugged in, the driver fails to install. Microsoft generic driver says it is the most up to date. I downloaded Seagate Dashboard from Seagate's site and was forced to install Microsoft VC Redist
    2005 (KB973544) and MS Visual C++. Could there have been a Microsoft update or patch that is causing this driver install to fail?

Debbie Zanet, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Transferring data from eMMC C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't...

1. Transferring data from eMMC C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't... - Similar Threads - Transferring data eMMC

2. Seagate Backup Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Backup Drive: I have owned and use a Seagate Backup drive with my Lenovo desktop using Windows 10. I have found the Seagate difficult to use, due to the cumbersome for me so-called "dashboard" that the drive seems to require using. I have never understood why I cannot just send my files...
  3. Transfer data from DVD to C: drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer data from DVD to C: drive in Windows 10: How do I transfer data files from a DVD to C: drive in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-dvd-to-c-drive-in-windows-10/cb3526c9-a936-4382-857c-6f3f7d040d20
  4. Seagate drive backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate drive backup: I have a Seagate external drive which my computer recognises in file explorer but when I go to back up it tells me the drive is not connected. Can anyone suggest s solution. I've re-formatted the drive but to avail....
  5. Transfer of files from c drive to usb drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer of files from c drive to usb drive: How to transfer files from C drove to USB drive if the windows is not booting due to some issues in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-files-from-c-drive-to-usb-drive/de8664a6-4343-4568-b253-1cf09bbb586a
  6. backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive: What backups can I use to create an image on the Seagate bup slim disk drive. Computer is windows pro 64 bit UEFI. I think my problem is that the slim drive works only with mbr. Thanks for any help. 160854
  7. backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive: What backups can I use to create an image on the Seagate bup slim disk drive. Computer is windows pro 64 bit UEFI. I think my problem is that the slim drive works only with mbr. Thanks for any help. 160854
  8. transferring data from a seagate

transferring data from a seagate: I just bought a Windows 10 tower. The other tower died. I have a Seagate portable drive that was plugged into the old tower. My question is: How do I access or transfer the data that is on the Seagate onto my new hard drive on the new tower without wiping out what is...
  9. Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive: I have a seagate expansion drive I want to use as a backup drive on Windows 10 1803. When I go to settings>update and security>backup and select 'add a drive', windows says no usable drives found. I already have content on this drive. It displays in file explorer. I can use...
  10. Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency

Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency: Hello - I have this 1TB USB drive currently attached to my PC and it's working normally. By this I mean no errors and reasonable performance. It's USB 3 capable, but the motherboard is USB 2 only. The system is recent but modest, AMD FX 4300 paired with an ASRock...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup emmc drive

2. backup emmc to pc