Windows 10: Transferring digital license to different account

Discus and support Transferring digital license to different account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, the digital license I was using before I replaced my motherboard is on an account that decided that the password I'm using is right is wrong.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by QuyenDiep, Mar 1, 2020.

1. QuyenDiep Win User

Transferring digital license to different account

So, the digital license I was using before I replaced my motherboard is on an account that decided that the password I'm using is right is wrong. Confusing, but I want to transfer the digital license to my other account, so the activation will be easier. How does that work? And if I can't do that, how do I reset my Microsoft account password so it DOES work?

:)

QuyenDiep, Mar 1, 2020

2. Digital license transfer to another account

Hey,

I want to change the Microsoft account linked with my PC. However, I am uncertain if by doing so my digital license will be transferred to the new account. I have ensured that the older account is signed out from my device. I was also observing the activation
    page which showed just "digitally activated" when the older account was removed. After adding the new account, it did show "digitally activated with license linked to your account". So though its likely that the license it transferred, I'd like some expert
    opinion on the same.

Thanks!

ManishChauhan5, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Digital License Transfer to a different Microsoft account

I used my personal account for a work computer. Is there a way to create a new Microsoft account and transfer this digital license to new Microsoft account if we ever need to reimage?

Will Robinson40, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Transferring digital license to different account

Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Transferring digital license to different account

1. Transferring digital license to different account - Similar Threads - Transferring digital license

2. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  3. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  4. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Link digital license to different account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Link digital license to different account: Recently I made a new Microsoft e-mail address. How can I transfer the windows digital license from my old to my new Microsoft e-mail address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-digital-license-to-different-account/c703d1d0-a79d-4d3b-acf1-b6ab55b52b83
  6. How to transfer digital license that's linked to my account to a different account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer digital license that's linked to my account to a different account?: So I have my windows license linked to an account that I no longer use and want to transfer the digital license to the email I currently use. 1 The license is linked to my old account so I hope it is transferable. It was a retail thing or whatever. I often hear people ask if...
  7. How to transfer digital license that's linked to my account to a different account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer digital license that's linked to my account to a different account?: So I have my windows license linked to an account that I no longer use and want to transfer the digital license to the email I currently use. 1 The license is linked to my old account so I hope it is transferable. It was a retail thing or whatever. I often hear people ask if...
  8. Digital license transfer to another account

Digital license transfer to another account: Hey, I want to change the Microsoft account linked with my PC. However, I am uncertain if by doing so my digital license will be transferred to the new account. I have ensured that the older account is signed out from my device. I was also observing the activation page which...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a different account

Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a different account: Hello, I have bought a laptop sometime last year and also purchased a Windows 10 Pro digital license from Microsoft Store after a few days of using the laptop since it came with it a Windows 10 Home Single License. I am now about to sell this laptop and I want to include...
  10. Windows 10 Digital License Transfer to a different Microsoft account

Windows 10 Digital License Transfer to a different Microsoft account: I used my personal account for a work computer. Is there a way to create a new Microsoft account and transfer this digital license to new Microsoft account if we ever need to reimage?...