Windows 10: transferring drive

Discus and support transferring drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I built a new computer and will be installing a full version of Win 10 to a m.2 nvme drive. The old machine had OEM Win10. Can I move the old drive as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamBoyd8, Nov 26, 2019.

1. transferring drive

I built a new computer and will be installing a full version of Win 10 to a m.2 nvme drive. The old machine had OEM Win10. Can I move the old drive as a second drive in the new machine, or will I lose all the data and games on it?

:)

WilliamBoyd8, Nov 26, 2019

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 26, 2019
  3. little cat, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

transferring drive

How To Transfer Documents to Upgraded Windows 10 using a USB 3.0 Flash Drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

transferring drive

1. transferring drive - Similar Threads - transferring drive

2. I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...: I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop but I can't see the pictures...when I click on the picture it says "its looks like we don't support this file format" what's the solution??...
  3. I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...: I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop but I can't see the pictures...when I click on the picture it says "its looks like we don't support this file format" what's the solution??...
  4. I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?: I need to know how to transfer the C drive of Windows 10 that you have listed in Microsoft to my laptop. Is there a way that I can do that? Thanks....
  6. How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?: I need to know how to transfer the C drive of Windows 10 that you have listed in Microsoft to my laptop. Is there a way that I can do that? Thanks....
  7. How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?

8. Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.: So I was going to buy a new computer, and was wondering if I could simply take the hard drive out of my current one and put it into the new one and keep all the files on it. And no the hard drive doesn't have the OS on it, just game files....
  9. Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.

Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.: So I was going to buy a new computer, and was wondering if I could simply take the hard drive out of my current one and put it into the new one and keep all the files on it. And no the hard drive doesn't have the OS on it, just game files....
  10. Can’t seem to find all my files from my drive that I transferred to a new computer?

Can’t seem to find all my files from my drive that I transferred to a new computer?: I got a new laptop and have only had my 8 year old one that can’t run Windows 11 which may be important?. I got an external hard drive where I backed up all my files onto. I then downloaded all of those files onto my new laptop through File History. I can tell it downloaded...