Windows 10: transferring factory operating system from harddrive to ssd

Discus and support transferring factory operating system from harddrive to ssd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to transfer my operating system from my hard drive to my disk drive but mi having issues.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Analfuhbreeze, Apr 9, 2019.

1. transferring factory operating system from harddrive to ssd

I'm trying to transfer my operating system from my hard drive to my disk drive but mi having issues.

:)

Analfuhbreeze, Apr 9, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Transfer System disk image to SSD

Here's my suggestion: Connect the SSD to the PC.

1. Download: Macrium Reflect Free and install then run.
      IMPORTANT: click on the 1st icon on the top left to create a Macrium Rescue disk (using USB or DVD)
    2. Open Disk Management and make sure the SSD is disk 1.
      From Admin Command, type:
      diskpart
      select disk 1
      clean
      exit
      exit
    3. From Macrium, The disk with Windows currently running will have the partitions as shown in your screen shot above. Click on Clone this disk...
      A Windows popup, click on select a disk to clone to...
      Click on the SSD
    4. Select the 100MB "System Reserved", drag and drop to the destination (SSD)
    5. Select the 60GB "C Drive", drag and drop to the destination(SSD) next to the System Reserved
    6. Click Next->Finish
    7. Once done, shutdown, disconnect the HD and connect the SSD Only
    8. Boot up with the Macrium Rescue disk created in step 1.
    9. Once booted, click on "Fix Windows boot problems" and follow the instruction to complete.
    10. Remove the Rescue disk and reboot.

topgundcp, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Upgrade a laptop's harddrive to ssd

Instead of giving you advice about what app to try (which we are not supposed to, in this website), I though why not give you the general direction (as we are supposed to do in this website).

To migrate and OS from HDD to SSD, you must do two things:

1. Migrate relevant partitions: That includes the boot partition and the system partition. A third-party app that can perform a sector-by-sector transfer is definitely needed. Carefully study their websites and choose an appropriate one that sees all the appropriate partitions and can transfer them.
    2. Reconcile BCD: The Boot Configuration Data (BCD) on the new SSD still direct the operating system to load from the old HDD. That's because BCD does not deal with drive letters. Instead, it uses hardware identifiers. You can reconcile BCD using the bcdedit command-line tool that comes with Windows, but that is tedious. I suggest using Bootice instead. Direct Bootice toward the BCD residing on the new SSD. There are a total of 24 entries that you must modify. Could be more. Use your Superuser abilities!

user477799, Apr 9, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

transferring factory operating system from harddrive to ssd

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

transferring factory operating system from harddrive to ssd

1. transferring factory operating system from harddrive to ssd - Similar Threads - transferring factory operating

2. How do I transfer the operating system from one SSD to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer the operating system from one SSD to another?: Good day, I've just installed an additional M.2 SSD into my laptop. I want to migrate the OS from my first SSD to the new one.Could you assist me with this issue?If I migrate from one SSD to another, will I lose the license of my Windows OS I want to transfer the OS along...
  3. How do I transfer the operating system from one SSD to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer the operating system from one SSD to another?: Good day, I've just installed an additional M.2 SSD into my laptop. I want to migrate the OS from my first SSD to the new one.Could you assist me with this issue?If I migrate from one SSD to another, will I lose the license of my Windows OS I want to transfer the OS along...
  4. Transfer harddrive from one PC to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer harddrive from one PC to another.: Hello, I am building a new PC currently. The only component I didn't purchase was a new harddrive. Is it possible to transfer my current one 1TB SSD, w/ Windows 10 installed to the new computer without any hiccups? Thanks in advance!...
  5. Reverting back to factory operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reverting back to factory operating system: I bought a laptop and tower from a guy that apparently took the factory windows 7 system and changed it by putting windows 10 on it somehow. Is it possible to convert it back to the factory windows 7 system? It runs so slow and crashes repeadly!!! Aggrivated!!!...
  6. Transfer of files from external harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer of files from external harddrive: I have a Fantom 1TB external hard-drive connected to my PC which is running Win10 with everything updated to the latest specs. Equipment is in good working order and all cables have been checked. I have tried turning everything off and restarting. I have done everything...
  7. Operating system from SSD deletion.?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operating system from SSD deletion.?: Good evening, my hooligans, Yesterday I finally retired my HDD and got a Crucial MX500 for the operating system and a Crucial P1 NVME for everything else, now I cloned my HDD on the P1 and installed a new Windows on the MX500, how can I delete my old Windows from the P1...
  8. how to transfer harddrive to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to transfer harddrive to ssd: how to transfer harddrive to ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-harddrive-to-ssd/53cccb77-19d4-442f-bf86-ef36fadd887d
  9. Transferring photos from laptop to external harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring photos from laptop to external harddrive: How do I transfer the photos I currently have on my Photos library on my laptop to my external harddrive? There doesn't seem to be an option I can press that allows me to do this. Thank you....
  10. Operating System not found, SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating System not found, SSD: Been searching for an answer for some time, but have an issue still not resolved. My son's PC is a self built PC, upgraded to Windows 10 when Win 10 came out. No issues until recently, when the PC started freezing at odd times (night, sleeping, browser on and just sitting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer operating system from hd to ssd