Windows 10: Transferring fairly large folder~60 GB from external HDD to my Android phone, transferring...

Discus and support Transferring fairly large folder~60 GB from external HDD to my Android phone, transferring... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I am on Windows 10 64-bit and File Explorer and I have been attempting to transfer a fairly large folder~60 GB from my external HDD1.8 TB total... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by unksump, Dec 3, 2022.

1. unksump Win User

Transferring fairly large folder~60 GB from external HDD to my Android phone, transferring...

Hello,I am on Windows 10 64-bit and File Explorer and I have been attempting to transfer a fairly large folder~60 GB from my external HDD1.8 TB total size with ~300 GB remaining to my S20 Ultra 5G464 GB total w/ ~220 GB remaining both of which are connected via USB to a USB 3.0 hub, and I've been finding that the transfer stopsthe little transfer info window abruptly closes on itself on a specific file. I suspected that the HDD might've been corrupted, but I checked it for errors and Windows tells me there are none:I also perused CrystalDiskInfo 8.17.13 and the HDD appears to be al

:)

unksump, Dec 3, 2022
  2. wiganken Win User

External SSDs not suitable for large file transfers?

SSDs use less power than HDDs so I don't think it is a power supply issue but it may be power related in that the SSD did get quite warm. Maybe there is an in-built safety algorythm to slow down the transfer rate after 60 seconds to stop the SSD from getting too hot and damaging it? Just a guess on my part but if it is correct then no SSDs are suitable for writing large sequential data to. I am attaching another picture which suggests this might be true.
    Transferring fairly large folder~60 GB from external HDD to my Android phone, transferring... [​IMG]
    Maybe others may know different.

wiganken, Dec 3, 2022
  3. wiganken Win User
    External SSDs not suitable for large file transfers?

I recently returned a PNY Elite portable SSD ( PNY Portable SSD Elite Silver USB 3.1 (480GB): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories ) because the transfer rate fell a lot after about 60 seconds. I was writing 32GB and 62GB image files from internal SSD to it and the transfer rate (via USB 3.0 SATA) maintained about 350MB/s for the first 60 seconds but then fell dramatically to about 24MB/s. Writing to my other (Samsung M3) external HDD maintained 100MB/s throughout and I was expecting the PNY SSD to maintain 350MB/s throughout. See pictures. I suppose if I was writing only 5GB and it took less than 60 seconds then I would not have the problem but the reason I want the SSD is to write images up to 80GB to it.

Question - Do all external SSDs suffer this dramatic fall in transfer rates after 60 seconds or have I been unlucky in buying the PNY? If so then SSDs are worse than external HDDs for large file storage.

wiganken, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Transferring fairly large folder~60 GB from external HDD to my Android phone, transferring...

Transfering to an External...

Hello all. Simple question really. Is there anyway to speed up my transfer rate from my PC to my external HDD? Currently I transfer at about 22-26 Mb/sec. This makes me wonder if I am already transferring at the best speed possible. Keep in mind it is USB 2.0 haha. I guess that's it in the most simple form. Thanks!

satindemon4u, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Transferring fairly large folder~60 GB from external HDD to my Android phone, transferring...

1. Transferring fairly large folder~60 GB from external HDD to my Android phone, transferring... - Similar Threads - Transferring fairly large

2. Transferring fairly large folder~60 GB from external HDD to my Android phone, transferring...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring fairly large folder~60 GB from external HDD to my Android phone, transferring...: Hello,I am on Windows 10 64-bit and File Explorer and I have been attempting to transfer a fairly large folder~60 GB from my external HDD1.8 TB total size with ~300 GB remaining to my S20 Ultra 5G464 GB total w/ ~220 GB remaining both of which are connected via USB to a USB...
  3. Transferring fairly large folder~60 GB from external HDD to my Android phone, transferring...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring fairly large folder~60 GB from external HDD to my Android phone, transferring...: Hello,I am on Windows 10 64-bit and File Explorer and I have been attempting to transfer a fairly large folder~60 GB from my external HDD1.8 TB total size with ~300 GB remaining to my S20 Ultra 5G464 GB total w/ ~220 GB remaining both of which are connected via USB to a USB...
  4. Transferring photos from android phone to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring photos from android phone to PC: Transferring photos: My smart phone will not switch from "this device" to "connected device" for transferring photos to pc. Which option should be chosen and is there a specific reason why I can't switch between the two selections?Thanks!...
  5. Transferring photos from android phone to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring photos from android phone to PC: Transferring photos: My smart phone will not switch from "this device" to "connected device" for transferring photos to pc. Which option should be chosen and is there a specific reason why I can't switch between the two selections?Thanks!...
  6. External HDD Transfer Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HDD Transfer Problem: Hello! I am facing some issue with my External HDD FAT32. The problem is whenever I try to to copy something file to my HDD it says "You'll need to provide administer permission to copy this folder", when I click "Continue", it again says "You need permission to perform...
  7. External HDD Transfer Problem

External HDD Transfer Problem: Hello! I am facing some issue with my External HDD FAT32. The problem is whenever I try to to copy something file to my HDD it says "You'll need to provide administer permission to copy this folder", when I click "Continue", it again says "You need permission to perform...
  8. lost folder during transfer from android phone

lost folder during transfer from android phone: I had a folder of photos that i had on my galaxy s10, i went to move them onto my laptop via a usb cable and the transfer never happened, the folder trnsferred but it is empty and the folder is no longer on my phone, any ideas on how to recover this folder...
  9. how to transfer files from my phone android to the pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to transfer files from my phone android to the pc: how to transfer files from my phone android to the pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-files-from-my-phone-android-to-the/3bbbf178-9266-4080-a76a-f53a4364edb1
  10. Transfering pictures from my Android phone to my computer

Transfering pictures from my Android phone to my computer: How do I transfer pictures from my Android phone onto my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfering-pictures-from-my-android-phone-to-my/c38b6aa9-95dc-4d7b-9c64-72869829099a"