Windows 10: Transferring favorite locations from Microsoft Maps to Google Maps

Discus and support Transferring favorite locations from Microsoft Maps to Google Maps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, My Lumia 950's second battery is dying, and this is the last year of Windows 10 Mobile support ;-( so I will soon have to move to an Android... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sba923, Feb 2, 2019.

1. sba923 Win User

Transferring favorite locations from Microsoft Maps to Google Maps

Hi,

My Lumia 950's second battery is dying, and this is the last year of Windows 10 Mobile support ;-( so I will soon have to move to an Android phone.

I have tons of favorites in Microsoft maps, synced between the Lumia 950 and the Windows 10 app on my PCs.

How can I get those favorites transferred in some way to Google Maps?

Of course, if there were a version of Microsoft Maps for Android, the question would become moot...

:)

sba923, Feb 2, 2019

2. how to transfer google maps starred items to ovi maps favorites?

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to ask.

Anyway, I'm wondering is there a way to transfer google maps starred items to ovi maps favorites?

I find google maps a lot more efficient and smarter than ovi maps in finding places. The issue is I don't know how to transfer google maps starred items to ovi maps -- so that I can use them for navigation purposes. Somehow, ovi maps favorites are automatically
    transferred to google maps starred items, but NOT vice versa.

Any helps? Thanks in advance.

oathkeeper---01, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Unable to Save Favorites in Maps app

Hi Ali,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

Computer

• What is the make and model of your Computer?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your computer?
    • Which Windows 10 build is installed on the computer?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

At first you have to sign in using a Microsoft account, if you have not logged the saved favorite’s will be not be visible next time when you open Map app.Also make sure Date, Time and Region are
    set correctly.

Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

If you are still unable to save favorites on your computer follow the below methods.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: Update Windows Store Apps and games.

Checking for updates for apps and games from the Windows Store

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store

Mobile

Provide the information below to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your mobile?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?
    • Make sure Date, Time and Region are set correctly, try to restart your phone and check if will be able to Save the Favorite location.
    • Also check if there are any update available for this from Store>Menu>Downloads and updates>Check for updates.
    Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Transferring favorite locations from Microsoft Maps to Google Maps

How to add a new favorite location to maps

Hi Andres,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your phone?
    • Which build is installed?

I suggest you to restart the phone and check if it helps. Also, suggest you to check if there are any updates available for the Maps App and install the same and check for status.

If the issue still persists, then request you to attach a screen shot of the Maps Apps where the add favorite location option is missing.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Transferring favorite locations from Microsoft Maps to Google Maps

1. Transferring favorite locations from Microsoft Maps to Google Maps - Similar Threads - Transferring favorite locations

2. Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps: Zr5fd5iuiyhr5fdi7yhu45feeih7iyt34fie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-loading-maps-in-google-maps-petal-maps-and/40b21d8c-409d-4b96-a0f2-d0b5dd926086
  3. Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps: Zr5fd5iuiyhr5fdi7yhu45feeih7iyt34fie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-loading-maps-in-google-maps-petal-maps-and/40b21d8c-409d-4b96-a0f2-d0b5dd926086
  4. Google Maps Location incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Maps Location incorrect: Hi all, I'm having an issue where Google maps is showing my Desktop PC is in a location where it isn't. It's showing where I used to live and not where I currently live. I looked on another machine and that gets located at the new address. This one doesn't. I'm thinking it's...
  5. google satilite maps

in Windows 10 Customization
    google satilite maps: Why can't I zoom in or pinch the images on google maps anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-satilite-maps/c09dc4cb-f025-4d14-a571-12e6977998b9
  6. Maps location

Maps location: My maps shows my location to be 900 mile away. Shows across all devices and apps. How can I fix this? [Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows settings] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_maps/maps-location/91003ebc-c7c9-430a-a8a1-b9577872575e
  7. Maps location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maps location: My maps shows my location to be 900 mile away. Shows across all devices and apps. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/maps-location/91003ebc-c7c9-430a-a8a1-b9577872575e
  8. Google Maps on PC

Google Maps on PC: Everytime I do a google search for a business/resturants in my chrome browser and I open them in google maps the site shows the content for a short period and then the content goes blank... What's the solution? Carol...
  9. Google Maps

Google Maps: Trying to use google maps and map details are 'blacking out' - the screen is still on as are some buttons but the map vanishes. Is this happening to anyone else. 15576
  10. Maps App will not delete or open Google maps

Maps App will not delete or open Google maps: I do not want to use windows/microsoft Maps I have been using Google Maps and have found I can crte an Icon & Tile that will pin to start but want to remove the Maps Tile or make it do the job. So far I have failed to remove it or get it to open Google maps. I cannot get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import microsoft maps favorite to google maps

2. Windows maps favorite

3. windows maps favorite in google maps