Windows 10: transferring file from Vista laptop to new Windows 10 laptop.

Discus and support transferring file from Vista laptop to new Windows 10 laptop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am transferring one of my own song from my old Vista laptop via USB stick to my new Windows 10 laptop but when I try and play the song in windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mickgisbey, Apr 13, 2020.

1. transferring file from Vista laptop to new Windows 10 laptop.

I am transferring one of my own song from my old Vista laptop via USB stick to my new Windows 10 laptop but when I try and play the song in windows media player it says can't play and shows 0X00d7186 how can I resolve this please. it says Content user rights too.

:)

mickgisbey, Apr 13, 2020

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 13, 2020
  3. 64K
    64K Win User
    Worth upgrading to Windows 10 with my laptop?

Since it's a laptop I would just stick with Windows 8.1 and when it's time to buy a new laptop then Windows 10. My gaming laptop that I travel with has Windows 7 and it's fine. When I buy a new laptop in a couple of years Win 10 will be nice.

4. DavidRVA Win User

transferring file from Vista laptop to new Windows 10 laptop.

Transfer files (Pictures, Documents) from a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 PC

I recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. My old laptop has windows 7. Can anyone list the step-by-step instructions for transferring the data to the new machine? I understand that windows easy transfer is no longer an option for windows 10.

DavidRVA, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

transferring file from Vista laptop to new Windows 10 laptop.

1. transferring file from Vista laptop to new Windows 10 laptop. - Similar Threads - transferring file Vista

2. Transferring A Old Windows Vista Laptop Product Key to another Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring A Old Windows Vista Laptop Product Key to another Windows 10 Laptop: HiI had a Old HP pavilion dv5 1215ee, Now its died about 2years. Now I want to activate another Windows 10 laptop with Vista Product Key. So can I Do with that? Also I had died Toshiba satellite c660 with Windows 7 Home Basic OA MEA Product key. Can I activate anyone ?...
  3. Transferring A Old Windows Vista Laptop Product Key to another Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring A Old Windows Vista Laptop Product Key to another Windows 10 Laptop: HiI had a Old HP pavilion dv5 1215ee, Now its died about 2years. Now I want to activate another Windows 10 laptop with Vista Product Key. So can I Do with that? Also I had died Toshiba satellite c660 with Windows 7 Home Basic OA MEA Product key. Can I activate anyone ?...
  4. Transferring A Old Windows Vista Laptop Product Key to another Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Transfer files from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer files from old to new laptop: I am wanting to transfer wanted files, documents downloads and else from my old Dell Latitude E7450 damaged but working laptop to my newer Dell Latitude 7490. Is there a smart way to do this besides using a flashdrive and manually loading them onto it and then dropping them...
  6. Transfer files from old to new laptop

Transfer files from old to new laptop: I am wanting to transfer wanted files, documents downloads and else from my old Dell Latitude E7450 damaged but working laptop to my newer Dell Latitude 7490. Is there a smart way to do this besides using a flashdrive and manually loading them onto it and then dropping them...
  7. Transfer from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer from old to new laptop: Not sure this is the right forum for this but if not please point me in the right direction. I currently have an 8 year old laptop running Win 10 Pro x 64 and MS Office 2013. It is not capable of running Win 11 when it is released.I am considering the purchase of a new laptop...
  8. transfer from old laptop to new laptop in windows 10

transfer from old laptop to new laptop in windows 10: how to transfer files from old laptop to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-from-old-laptop-to-new-laptop-in-windows/dcea54a4-2b16-4836-89ba-d41ac607e81d
  9. Transfer files on ClickFree to new Laptop

Transfer files on ClickFree to new Laptop: I purchased a new laptop and Inspiron 15 3000, and successfully downloaded most of my files, including photos. I need advice on how to now transfer them to my new laptop, please....
  10. new laptop transfer files

new laptop transfer files: I have a new laptop and want to get everything off the old one and onto the new one. I tried to find a USB transfer cored but had no luck and now I am sitting here wasting valuable time when I need to be working. Someone know what I should be doing here?...