Windows 10: Transferring Files And Docs Between pc and iMac ?

Discus and support Transferring Files And Docs Between pc and iMac ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a W10 pc and also a desktop iMac. Sometimes I have to transfer files or docs from one to the other. Driving me crazy. Presently do it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

Transferring Files And Docs Between pc and iMac ?

Hello,

I have a W10 pc and also a desktop iMac.

Sometimes I have to transfer files or docs from one to the other.
    Driving me crazy.

Presently do it via a USB Memory stick.

Any other more straightforward ways of doing it ?
    More than one possibility to consider ?

Both computers are hard wire via Ethernet to my Router.

Thanks, appreciate the help,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Oct 17, 2019

2. File transfer from one PC to other

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you transferred picture files or .doc files which includes pictures?
    • Are you able to open the files or not?
    • Are you using any third party app to open the files?
    • As mentioned "how do I restore them back?", what exact issue are you facing?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Windows 10 Cannot Connect to iMac

Can you provide us additional information for us to check other workarounds to resolve your issue:

• Were you able to do a ping test from the Windows PC to the iMac?
    • If yes, may we ask for the screenshot of the ping test results.
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the file transfer from iMac to Windows as well.

Looking forward to your reply.

Jan Del, Oct 17, 2019
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Transferring Files And Docs Between pc and iMac ? - Similar Threads - Transferring Files Docs

2. Cloud to PC docs files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud to PC docs files: -I did not know all my files were uploaded to the cloud when I set up my new PC using win 11. I followed the instructions on how to move the files to the PC from the clouds. Now, a number of folders are empty. What happened?...
  3. Cloud to PC docs files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloud to PC docs files: -I did not know all my files were uploaded to the cloud when I set up my new PC using win 11. I followed the instructions on how to move the files to the PC from the clouds. Now, a number of folders are empty. What happened?...
  4. upgrade office 365 for iMac and then transfer data from old iMac to a new iMac?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade office 365 for iMac and then transfer data from old iMac to a new iMac?: I am getting a new iMac. My old one has MS for iMac on it. how do i upgrade to the latest version of office then transfer the old data to the new version on the new computer? not sure what version 365 i am running presently. TU...
  5. upgrade office 365 for iMac and then transfer data from old iMac to a new iMac?

upgrade office 365 for iMac and then transfer data from old iMac to a new iMac?: I am getting a new iMac. My old one has MS for iMac on it. how do i upgrade to the latest version of office then transfer the old data to the new version on the new computer? not sure what version 365 i am running presently. TU...
  6. Migrating files from PC to iMac

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating files from PC to iMac: Hello, I am following the instructions from Apple to migrate my files from my very old PC. At the Start menu, I click ‘run’ then ‘cmd’, add ‘chkdsk’ at the prompt and receive the message ‘Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may be locked by...
  7. transferring files between user accounts

transferring files between user accounts: How can I transfer my files apps and files in my administrator account to the local account i use now? i have tried to copy the account but i cant because that account is an administrator account and it can't be copied to any user account. help me to solve this problem....
  8. FAILED File transfer between PCs

FAILED File transfer between PCs: 1) Want to transfer files between PCs using ethernet (single owner/user, home LAN) 2) Absolutely delighted [not!] by ~ twenty-five (25) step 'simple' process required ... ARRGGGGH! 3) Survived hoop-jumping up to "enter credentials for PC access" (or some such $#%#^) 4)...
  9. sharing files between imac mojave and windows 10

sharing files between imac mojave and windows 10: How to transfer files from imac mojave (hard drive is failing) to new windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files-between-imac-mojave-and-windows-10/8a162085-c472-4156-b3a7-a94c8981e896"
  10. Transfering Apps Between PC's

Transfering Apps Between PC's: Hello Microsoft people, recently I got a new laptop (Acer Nitro 5) I purchased Cuphead on my other laptop and I don't know how to transfer the app to this PC. I am signed into the Microsoft account I used on my other laptop and it says the app is not purchased on this laptop....