Windows 10: transferring files between user accounts

Discus and support transferring files between user accounts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I transfer my files apps and files in my administrator account to the local account i use now? i have tried to copy the account but i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VishFer, Feb 8, 2020.

1. VishFer Win User

transferring files between user accounts

How can I transfer my files apps and files in my administrator account to the local account i use now? i have tried to copy the account but i cant because that account is an administrator account and it can't be copied to any user account. help me to solve this problem.

:)

VishFer, Feb 8, 2020

2. Transferring an account on Windows 10 (EDITED)

Hi,

As you are facing issue with transferring an account on windows 10, I would surely help you with it.

But I would like to know the below information,

• Entire account: are you referring to a Microsoft account or a local user account?
    If it is a Microsoft user account the same settings will synchronize to the new user account.

Steps to transfer the files to the new admin user account.

• Open file explorer and double click on OS (C transferring files between user accounts :).

• Go to Users and try transferring all the data’s/ files to the new user account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

user accounts

Thank you for your response. If you've created a new profile and you have admin privileges, try these steps on how to transfer files from one user to another and see if it will work for you:

• Open File Explorer and go to C:\Users.
    • Look for the account you want to copy the files from.
    • Select the folders/files you want to copy, right-click on it and select Copy.
    • Go to the new user account folder and paste the folders/files you copied.
    • Repeat the steps if needed.

Give us an update on how it goes.

Anne Ros, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

1. transferring files between user accounts - Similar Threads - transferring files between

2. Transfer data and apps between accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer data and apps between accounts: I have a problem on a Windows 10 Laptop. Booting and launching apps takes a long time. Once in an app it runs as it should. A friend of mine who works for Microsoft suggested that I set up a new user account. I can do that, but i've received conflicting advice on moving...
  3. Transfer funds between child accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Transfer funds between child accounts: I accidentally put money on the wrong child account. Is there a way to move the funds from one child spending limit to another? Am I really just out the money?...
  4. Transfer funds between child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer funds between child accounts: I accidentally put money on the wrong child account. Is there a way to move the funds from one child spending limit to another? Am I really just out the money?...
  5. Transfer funds between child accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have an Admin account and a non Admin account on my PC and I have noticed that changes made to program settings also change settings on the other accounts. In a perfect world I would like the same software on each user...
  7. Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have an Admin account and a non Admin account on my PC and I have noticed that changes made to program settings also change settings on the other accounts. In a perfect world I would like the same software on each user...
  8. Transfer Microsoft purchases between accounts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Microsoft purchases between accounts: Hi. I have an old Microsoft live email account I have been trying to discontinue. I also have a current Microsoft outlook account that I am trying to transfer to Windows as my main account. This has been an annoying process since I had to wait 30 days to change the account...
  9. transferring data between user accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring data between user accounts: Ok so basically what has happened is my brother has been on my pc and signed into my friends microsoft account and "linked" it or something and now his microsoft account holds all my data and cookies and pretty much everything i have ever done on my pc. i uased a local...
  10. App Transfer Between Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Transfer Between Accounts: I redeemed an app code for a game for my windows 10 PC a year ago but I accidently did it on this (my father's) account instead of on mine while the account that is usually logged on the PC is my account. is there a way I can transfer it between the accounts so it will be on...