Windows 10: TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC

Discus and support TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to use the Windows migration tool to transfer my files from my Surface to a Macbook. I am being asked to go to RUN, type cmd, then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KAHI66, Oct 5, 2020.

1. KAHI66 Win User

TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC

I am trying to use the Windows migration tool to transfer my files from my Surface to a Macbook. I am being asked to go to RUN, type cmd, then the extension chkdsk. When I do this access is denied and says a firewall is blocking everything. I turn off windows defender and it still gives me the same message. Can 't get in touch with anyone at Microsoft and Apple is of no help either.

:)

KAHI66, Oct 5, 2020

2. File Transfers between Mac and PC

After upgrading to Windows 10 - file transfers from my Mac to the Pc are being written as a Hidden file. I've changed to the properties of the folder containing these to show hidden files but I can't find the option to change so that they are transferred
    and available to all users.

JerryAnton, Oct 5, 2020
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Robert11 Win User

Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?

Hello,
    I use a W10 pc and an iMac.

Now and then, i have a screen capture, or a simple Document, or most anything I would like to transfer to the Mac.

Have been doing it now via a USB Memory Stick formatted as ExFat between the two.

There must be a simpler way.
    Yes ?

They are both hooked into my single household Router, etc via Ethernet.

Any suggestions on a (simple) way to do this with the memory stick ?

Thanks,
    Bob

Robert11, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC - Similar Threads - TRANSFERRING FILES MAC

2. Transfer From Windows Laptop To Mac Parallels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer From Windows Laptop To Mac Parallels: I use a Toshiba laptop, which runs Windows 10 shipped with Windows 8.I use a Macintosh desktop, which runs macOS 12.4 and Parallels 17.I want to transfer the laptop contents to the Mac, using Parallels Transporter Agent. Then, I will put the laptop in permanent storage. I...
  3. Transfer From Windows Laptop To Mac Parallels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer From Windows Laptop To Mac Parallels: I use a Toshiba laptop, which runs Windows 10 shipped with Windows 8.I use a Macintosh desktop, which runs macOS 12.4 and Parallels 17.I want to transfer the laptop contents to the Mac, using Parallels Transporter Agent. Then, I will put the laptop in permanent storage. I...
  4. Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card: Dear Sir or Madam,I tried to transfer video files from Mac to PC, using SD card. So, I copied the files from Mac to SD, but when I inserted the SD into PC, the PC does not read it at all. I switched the SD, to make sure the slot is working, and PC read the new one easily. I...
  5. Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card: Dear Sir or Madam,I tried to transfer video files from Mac to PC, using SD card. So, I copied the files from Mac to SD, but when I inserted the SD into PC, the PC does not read it at all. I switched the SD, to make sure the slot is working, and PC read the new one easily. I...
  6. Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Installing Windows 10 on new PC transferring from Mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on new PC transferring from Mac: Hello, I have built a PC and want to install Windows 10. The only other computer that I have is a Macbook Air laptop. I have purchased Windows 10 home and have a product code. I have donwloaded the ISO and uploaded it to a bootable USB and am receiving an error in...
  8. Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?: Hello, I use a W10 pc and an iMac. Now and then, i have a screen capture, or a simple Document, or most anything I would like to transfer to the Mac. Have been doing it now via a USB Memory Stick formatted as ExFat between the two. There must be a simpler way. Yes ? They...
  9. File Transfer from Mac to Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Transfer from Mac to Windows: I recently purchased a Seagate Backup Plus for Mac in order to transfer my files from a mac to a windows 10 tablet. When I plugged in the external to the tablet to start transferring, nothing pops up. The light on the external appears for a few seconds then nothing. What can...
  10. Transferring files from mac to PC: Should I use ExFAT or NTFS?

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring files from mac to PC: Should I use ExFAT or NTFS?: My macbook pro is on it's deathbed and it will soon go to that big Apple Store in the sky. My new Dell desktop arrives early next week. This weekend, I am planning to copy some files that need to transfer to an external hard drive. I just don't know which format to use. I...