Windows 10: Transferring files from C: to D:?

Discus and support Transferring files from C: to D:? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all. I need to free up some storage on my C drive and I was wondering if it is safe to transfer files from the C to D drive. If so, what files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kpmags14, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Transferring files from C: to D:?

Hello all.
    I need to free up some storage on my C drive and I was wondering if it is safe to transfer files from the C to D drive. If so, what files would be good to transfer from my c to d? Program files? NVIDIA driver files? Not sure what would be safe to transfer from one drive to another and how it will effect my computer. I’m a little hesitant to do anything because I don’t want to screw anything up with my computer as far as path finding for files. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

submitted by /u/kpmags14
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kpmags14, Apr 10, 2021
  2. LonGun Win User

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Transferring files from Local disk C to D

i wanted to transfer some of my files from local disk C to D so because my local disk C is filling up, plz help

DakshSingh_326, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Snp Chung Win User

Transferring files from C: to D:?

Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive

Hi,

I am wanting to re-link my default folder from C Drive and transfer all files over to D Drive.

How do I do that?

Regards

Chung

Snp Chung, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Transferring files from C: to D:?

1. Transferring files from C: to D:? - Similar Threads - Transferring files

2. File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10: I have a new Windows 11 PC and I'm noticing that the file sharing to my Synology NAS is very slow vs when I transferred files from my older Windows 10 PC. File Transfer Speeds:Windows 11 to NAS DS1520+ = 11.5 MB/s Windows 11 to Windows 10 = 112 MB/s much fasterFile size =...
  3. File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10: I have a new Windows 11 PC and I'm noticing that the file sharing to my Synology NAS is very slow vs when I transferred files from my older Windows 10 PC. File Transfer Speeds:Windows 11 to NAS DS1520+ = 11.5 MB/s Windows 11 to Windows 10 = 112 MB/s much fasterFile size =...
  4. Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging: recently i m facing an unusual issue with my MI11x phone .Whenever i connect my phone to a pc via usb cable it directly starts charging without as for the 4-5 options to use for file transfer or charging or others.I have tried connecting with different cables and even on...
  5. Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging

Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging: recently i m facing an unusual issue with my MI11x phone .Whenever i connect my phone to a pc via usb cable it directly starts charging without as for the 4-5 options to use for file transfer or charging or others.I have tried connecting with different cables and even on...
  6. How transfer files from frozen laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How transfer files from frozen laptop: My old computer with Windows10 is frozen after login. I need to transfer programs from that computer to new Windows 12 computer. How do I proceed to transfer?...
  7. How transfer files from frozen laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How transfer files from frozen laptop: My old computer with Windows10 is frozen after login. I need to transfer programs from that computer to new Windows 12 computer. How do I proceed to transfer?...
  8. How transfer files from frozen laptop

9. Is there an easy way to transfer/view files from a PC without logging in?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there an easy way to transfer/view files from a PC without logging in?: I'm asking specifically for my brother, who — due to some family conflicts — no longer has access to his own login. We're trying to move select files from his computer to his phone, namely video and image files.Note: due to aforementioned family conflicts, we don't have...
  10. Is there an easy way to transfer/view files from a PC without logging in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an easy way to transfer/view files from a PC without logging in?: I'm asking specifically for my brother, who — due to some family conflicts — no longer has access to his own login. We're trying to move select files from his computer to his phone, namely video and image files.Note: due to aforementioned family conflicts, we don't have...