Windows 10: Transferring files from Local disk C to D

Discus and support Transferring files from Local disk C to D in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i wanted to transfer some of my files from local disk C to D so because my local disk C is filling up, plz help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DakshSingh_326, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Transferring files from Local disk C to D

i wanted to transfer some of my files from local disk C to D so because my local disk C is filling up, plz help

:)

DakshSingh_326, Oct 28, 2020

2. Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?

I wanted to transfer files from local disk C to local disk D to free up space on my local disk C. So is it safe to send files from one drive to another and will my PC work properly if I do this?

Aryan Jingade, Oct 28, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    Will my files on Local Disk (DTransferring files from Local disk C to D :) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10

Suggest you back up REALLY CRITICAL files to cloud as well, just in case things go pearshaped.

cereberus, Oct 28, 2020
  4. LonGun Win User

Transferring files from Local disk C to D

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Transferring files from Local disk C to D

1. Transferring files from Local disk C to D - Similar Threads - Transferring files Local

2. windows transfer from disk D: to C:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows transfer from disk D: to C:: I noticed that I have windows on disk C and Dwhen I tried to boot windows from C it didn't work, my guess is that I run windows on disk Dhow can I transfer windows from D to C without data loss or any other problems...
  3. windows transfer from disk D: to C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows transfer from disk D: to C:: I noticed that I have windows on disk C and Dwhen I tried to boot windows from C it didn't work, my guess is that I run windows on disk Dhow can I transfer windows from D to C without data loss or any other problems...
  4. windows transfer from disk D: to C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Local Disk D: Is Missing From File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Disk D: Is Missing From File Explorer: I wanted to do a Stripe Volume with Local Disk C: and Local Disk D: and in the process I was instructed to delete Local Disk D: and when the Stripe Volume feature was grayed out, I contacted Microsoft Support and gave the support agent access to my screen and the support...
  6. Transferring files from C: to D:?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring files from C: to D:?: Hello all. I need to free up some storage on my C drive and I was wondering if it is safe to transfer files from the C to D drive. If so, what files would be good to transfer from my c to d? Program files? NVIDIA driver files? Not sure what would be safe to transfer from one...
  7. Merging Local Disk C and D.

Merging Local Disk C and D.: Dear Whoever is reading this, I Bought a WD Blue 500GB hard drive. I have two local disks, C and D. Whenever I download something it instantly downloads to C, which is the one with less storage. IF by any chance anyone knows how to merge both of the disks that would be...
  8. Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive

Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive: Hi, I am wanting to re-link my default folder from C Drive and transfer all files over to D Drive. How do I do that? Regards Chung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-file-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/a2298baa-2832-4aae-ab78-4e9a5115d2f3
  9. Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?: I wanted to transfer files from local disk C to local disk D to free up space on my local disk C. So is it safe to send files from one drive to another and will my PC work properly if I do this?...
  10. Unable to Access Local Disks (C:) and (D:)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Access Local Disks (C:) and (D:): I am currently unable to access my Local Disks, or open programs inside them, such as the task manager, user account control, and even the registry editor. Attempting to open anything (With administrator priveleges) just result in an access denied message. I have tried...