Windows 10: Transferring files from Microsoft Live Mail to Outlook

Discus and support Transferring files from Microsoft Live Mail to Outlook in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to export emails from Windows Live Mail on an old computer to import into Microsoft Outlook on a new computer. I have followed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KeithMcCamley, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Transferring files from Microsoft Live Mail to Outlook

I am trying to export emails from Windows Live Mail on an old computer to import into Microsoft Outlook on a new computer. I have followed the instructions given on the previous posts but none of this works. Installed Windows Outlook on the old computer. I tried exporting with Outlook open and with Outlook closed on the old computer and I can not find any export (pst) file anywhere on the computer after running the export.

:)

KeithMcCamley, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jul 1, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Transferring files from Microsoft Live Mail to Outlook

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Transferring files from Microsoft Live Mail to Outlook

1. Transferring files from Microsoft Live Mail to Outlook - Similar Threads - Transferring files Microsoft

2. How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail: Hi I have wanted to move some emails from my UWClub account to my Gmail account but I dont know what the password for Windows Live is. I have tried to go through Microsoft to recover my account but to no avail. I had the following response - Unfortunately, our automated...
  3. How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail: Hi I have wanted to move some emails from my UWClub account to my Gmail account but I dont know what the password for Windows Live is. I have tried to go through Microsoft to recover my account but to no avail. I had the following response - Unfortunately, our automated...
  4. Outlook and Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and Windows Live Mail: Although WLM is long past its sell by date, I still use it and have for many years. Very good email client.Trying to add my Outlook Mail account to WLM and have followed this link for server and setup information -...
  5. Outlook and Windows Live Mail

Outlook and Windows Live Mail: Although WLM is long past its sell by date, I still use it and have for many years. Very good email client.Trying to add my Outlook Mail account to WLM and have followed this link for server and setup information -...
  6. Export folders from Windows Live Mail to Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export folders from Windows Live Mail to Outlook: Hi, Up until now I have been using Windows Live Mail WLM to receive, send and store my emails. However, after changing my password for security reasons my Live Mail will no longer work. I have Outlook installed on my PC so I intend to start using that instead. However, I...
  7. Transfer data from Windows Live Mail to Outlook

Transfer data from Windows Live Mail to Outlook: I just installed Office 2019 which includes Outlook. I was previously using Windows Live Mail for my emails. How do I transfer emails, folders, contacts and calendar information from Live Mail to Outlook?...
  8. Transferring Windows Live Mail .eml files to Outlook 2013 .pst files

Transferring Windows Live Mail .eml files to Outlook 2013 .pst files: I have been using Windows Live Mail within the Windows 10 Operating System. I want to transfer all of my saved email (with the .eml extension) over to Outlook 2013 on a different laptop. Nothing I have tried so far has been successful. And I don't see where Outlook stores...
  9. Windows Live Mail and Outlook Challenges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Live Mail and Outlook Challenges: My situation, and please remember I am not computer literate, is that I receive incoming emails in the Windows Live 2012 email inbox, but I cannot send emails from there. I cannot receive emails in Outlook, but I can send from there! Spent an hour and a half on the phone...
  10. transfer emails to mail from outlook.

transfer emails to mail from outlook.: i have a new pc. i opened the mail app. it asked me to pick an account. i picked my account (same email, name, etc). but it does not have any of my emails. can someone please explain how i get my emails off my old pc and onto the new one. i think the old office i had was...