Windows 10: Transferring files from old pc to new- where did the Windows app go?

Discus and support Transferring files from old pc to new- where did the Windows app go? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There used to be an easy way to set up a new windows computer from an older windows computer. I have a USB to USB cable connected, but am not finding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kim V, May 4, 2019.

1. Kim V Win User

Transferring files from old pc to new- where did the Windows app go?

There used to be an easy way to set up a new windows computer from an older windows computer. I have a USB to USB cable connected, but am not finding the way I used in the past.

:)

Kim V, May 4, 2019

2. Transfer all files from old PC to new one

Windows Easy Transfer is not available in Windows 10

• But now for the good news: Microsoft has partnered with Laplink to bring you

PCmover Express
      – a tool for transferring selected files, folders and more from your old Windows PC to your new Windows 10 PC. And even more good news – it’s free!

Mike Hall... always, May 4, 2019
  3. Moving old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 10 PC, how to transfer settings, program and files?

Hi,

To transfer files from your old laptop to your new one, you can use a Universal Serial Bus (USB) flash drive or a thumb drive. Follow the steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port of your laptop.
    • Wait for the laptop to detect the USB drive.
    • Open a window for the files that you want to transfer and another window for the USB drive.
    • Select the files that you want to transfer, right-click and then click on
      Cut
      or Copy.
    • On the destination window, right-click and select Paste.
    • Make sure that files are completely transferred before removing the USB flash drive.
    • Insert the USB into your new laptop.
    • Access the files once the USB drive is detected.
    • Repeat the same procedure on how you transferred or copied the files from your old laptop to the flash drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, May 4, 2019
  4. DavidRVA Win User

Transfer files (Pictures, Documents) from a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 PC

I recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. My old laptop has windows 7. Can anyone list the step-by-step instructions for transferring the data to the new machine? I understand that windows easy transfer is no longer an option for windows 10.

DavidRVA, May 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Transferring files from old pc to new- where did the Windows app go? - Similar Threads - Transferring files old

2. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where did my files go?: I was in the process of moving some .package files to my mods folder cc for the Sims 4, and decided to take a shower while I waited for the files to transfer. When I came back, the pc was off, and my files disappeared. I looked everywhere for them. in folders, in different...
  3. Where did the file go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did the file go?: I've given up on trying to get OneDrive to work again. Someone from Microsoft told me to uninstall OneDrive. Now, when i click on that folder at the bottom of the screen, there is no OneDrive file, and the biggest file of all, one that is very important to me, is missing. It...
  4. Where did the file go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did the file go?: I've given up on trying to get OneDrive to work again. Someone from Microsoft told me to uninstall OneDrive. Now, when i click on that folder at the bottom of the screen, there is no OneDrive file, and the biggest file of all, one that is very important to me, is missing. It...
  5. Transferring Windows from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows from old to new PC: I have a self-built Intel Core i3 PC which I built some years ago. It has a copy of W10 Pro on a SATA SSD. I plan to build a new PC with M2 storage. Can I transfer my copy of Windows to the new PC, and if so how?...
  6. Transferring Windows from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows from old to new PC: I have a self-built Intel Core i3 PC which I built some years ago. It has a copy of W10 Pro on a SATA SSD. I plan to build a new PC with M2 storage. Can I transfer my copy of Windows to the new PC, and if so how?...
  7. Transferring Windows from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. file transfer from old pc to new pc

file transfer from old pc to new pc: how do I transfer files and photos from old computer to new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-from-old-pc-to-new-pc/f7bda902-fac7-458f-a55d-ad9f464f3c80
  9. How to transfer files from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to transfer files from old PC to new PC: Okay, so I am stuck with this laptop for 7 years and my parents doesn't get me a new one. I'm planning to get the Acer Aspire 3 (AMD) but I am stuck with a question: "How Do I migrate my files/My entire installation?" Answers? Windows 10 1903 (Home single language 64,...
  10. where did my old excel files go?

where did my old excel files go?: where did my old excel files go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-old-excel-files-go/7aca07ef-3912-4e4e-99df-24df89846055"