Windows 10: Transferring files from one SSD to another

Discus and support Transferring files from one SSD to another in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can I transfer regular files such as games, apps, and programs from one SSD to another? Like for an example, your default drive is Drive C. You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Myles2002, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Transferring files from one SSD to another

Can I transfer regular files such as games, apps, and programs from one SSD to another? Like for an example, your default drive is Drive C. You download a file, app, or a program onto your computer and it installs into Drive D. Is there a way that you can move any kind of file from Drive D to Drive C and vice versa??

submitted by /u/Myles2002
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Myles2002, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Nov 21, 2020
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Nov 21, 2020
  4. LonGun Win User

Transferring files from one SSD to another

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Transferring files from one SSD to another

1. Transferring files from one SSD to another - Similar Threads - Transferring files SSD

2. Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.: I am using Win 10 on my pc and my office people are using win 7. If i send them Word files through email and if they download it in Win 7 then can they see the files without any corruption/changes??...
  3. Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.: I am using Win 10 on my pc and my office people are using win 7. If i send them Word files through email and if they download it in Win 7 then can they see the files without any corruption/changes??...
  4. Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another: I recently had a problem where I couldnt install windows on a sad i had on my laptop.i was wondering if it's possible to take a ssd from a laptop I had that has windowsand put it in this laptop to use windows from it...
  5. Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another: I recently had a problem where I couldnt install windows on a sad i had on my laptop.i was wondering if it's possible to take a ssd from a laptop I had that has windowsand put it in this laptop to use windows from it...
  6. Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Transfer speed from one SSD to another...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Transfer speed from one SSD to another...: I feel like the transfer rate should be a LOT faster than 20-30mb/s average moving one movie file from one SSD to another. My boot drive and games are on NVME's. Movies/TV shows on 1 SSD Downloads go to a 2nd SSD Installation apps/random stuff goes on the 3rd SSD. 177578
  8. Transferring files from one user to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring files from one user to another: I original set up windows under an account/email that has since be closed. I want to transfer all my files currently on the old user account to my new user account but can't seem to figure this out. Is there a way I can move my files, apps, and setting that are on the old...
  9. SSD hardware transfer from one machine to another.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD hardware transfer from one machine to another.: I tried the other day to ask how to upgrade a drive in a HP Notebook 14. That is still a work in progress... But thank you to the people who answered that question. I'm awaiting a larger OEM drive to arrive in the mail. Here is this problem: I have three HP branded...
  10. Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another: This seems to be my month to contact Microsoft. So glad you're here to answer questions. Is it possible to transfer files from one Microsoft account to another? I prefer to have to handle only one account, but circumstances made it necessary to create a new account with an...