Windows 10: transferring files from win 7 os to win 10 os via a utililty how can this be done?

Discus and support transferring files from win 7 os to win 10 os via a utililty how can this be done? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my first computer was a windows 7 with backup monthly even weekly but after a couple of years I can't access the files and pictures also music files I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Soulman 60, Dec 28, 2018.

1. transferring files from win 7 os to win 10 os via a utililty how can this be done?

my first computer was a windows 7 with backup monthly even weekly but after a couple of years I can't access the files and pictures also music files I would like to transfer these files to my new computer with windows 10 OS and I need help

* Moved from Edge

:)

Soulman 60, Dec 28, 2018

2. Win 10 installed but Win 7 OS

After a Win 10 update, I originally had the black screen white dot issue occur 2nd June 2017, and that is where my problems start.

I then went through all the processes(everything on the web) to try to rectify the problem (three solid days of trying). At the end of this and I guess out of frustration and tiredness I stupidly tried to "restore to a previous version" not realising(not
    thinking straight) this was for win 7 (at the time I thought it may have been for the earlier version of win 10).

The system message came back saying you cannot revert to a previous system and I thought okay no harm done.

However what I have now discovered is whilst I have win 10 installed(system folder confirms)

MSCONFIG says the operating system is WIN 7

Hence it now comes up with the win 7 recovery options

It will start in safe mode (F8) and then reverts up with Win 10 safe mode, I have tried to reinstall my backup from 27 May but it won't reinstall win 10 files because it does not recognise win 10 OS.

I have no restore points because they are under win 10 not win 7

I have downloaded the media creation tool and tried to reinstall win 10 however I get told there is an error with the current installation and cannot proceed.

I also note that I now have 2 Windows folders on my C:\\ marked Windows and windows.old I have tried to swap them round by renaming but either cannot do in safe mode or do not have sufficient privileges (although I should I am listed as the administrator)

Is there anyway to change the msconfig back to the Win 10 OS?

I know my last resort is going through a format of C:\\ and reinstall, that however comes with another set of problems as I upgraded on the free offer from win 7 to win 10 Hence no Win 10 Disc so once formatted no OS to work with. Can I download Win 10 (for
    free)from somewhere and save to a USB so I can reinstall. If I do a clean install will win 10 still recognise my digital code?

I know I can buy Win 10 on Disc ($178.00) but I should not have to. If the Windows update had not caused the white dot black screen issue, I would not be in this predicament in the first place.

Welcome any help anybody can give as I am at a total loss.

XCEL8-2-50plus, Dec 28, 2018
  3. 7UP
    7up Win User
    Will the HTC HD2 have the new Win Mobile 7 OS Upgrade?

Will the HTC HD2 have the new Win Mobile 7 OS Upgrade?

4. transferring files from win 7 os to win 10 os via a utililty how can this be done?

Chipset drivers for Win 7

Yes, just use the Vista x64 drivers. Should work.

A Cheese Danish, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

transferring files from win 7 os to win 10 os via a utililty how can this be done?

1. transferring files from win 7 os to win 10 os via a utililty how can this be done? - Similar Threads - transferring files via

2. Migration from Win 7 to newer OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migration from Win 7 to newer OS: My Office 367 stopped working on 1 October 2022 and I am told that it is because I am running Windows 7. If I purchase an "upgrade" to Win 10, or 11, will my other non-microsoft applications - such as CAD, Simulation, 3D modelling, etc be migrated over and still run? It is...
  3. Migration from Win 7 to newer OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migration from Win 7 to newer OS: My Office 367 stopped working on 1 October 2022 and I am told that it is because I am running Windows 7. If I purchase an "upgrade" to Win 10, or 11, will my other non-microsoft applications - such as CAD, Simulation, 3D modelling, etc be migrated over and still run? It is...
  4. Migration from Win 7 to newer OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transfer of Win 10 OS from old computer to a newer computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of Win 10 OS from old computer to a newer computer: I have an old Acer laptop, originally Vista, that has Win 10 pro OS on it from the free upgrade a few years ago. I bought a retail Win 7 to upgrade it originally and then bought retail Win 8 and Win 8.1 retail upgrades as they came out. This laptop will never make it to Win...
  6. Transfer Files ONLY from Win 7 to Win 10 via USB drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Files ONLY from Win 7 to Win 10 via USB drive: I know this has been addressed in some variations, but I want to make sure, because I'll do it remotely for a friend in another state... Transfer to be done via external USB drive, files are mainly Outlook and other Office files, Quickbooks files. My guess (didn't have a W7...
  7. win 10 os

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 os: Re "Windows 10 License can only be good on 1 computer at a time" how about if I remove the Win 10 software from my old computer and install it on my new Mac? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-os/56eadcef-4ba3-4bf5-8bf9-00c4107981e8
  8. Win 10 OS version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 OS version: How can I find if I am running 32 vs 64 bit version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-os-version/d73066d2-a935-4465-b991-a530def996c2
  9. OS Win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    OS Win 7: Please tell me is it possible to get update of Windows 7 to Windows 10? 7432
  10. Can I download Win 10 on a Win 7 OS Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I download Win 10 on a Win 7 OS Laptop?: I am due to change my 4 year old win 7 Acer laptop which is running hot very slow and getting low on resources. I have seen a new Dell Windows 7 Laptop for sale with the spec I need. Should I get this new Dell Win7 now and download the new Win 10 OS when it's officially...