Windows 10: Transferring files to phone taking way too much time.

Discus and support Transferring files to phone taking way too much time. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when I am transferring files from computer to android phone , it is taking hours to transfer even 1gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VaibhavJain2408, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Transferring files to phone taking way too much time.

when I am transferring files from computer to android phone , it is taking hours to transfer even 1gb

:)

VaibhavJain2408, Nov 11, 2019
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Nov 11, 2019
  3. NotBobNot Win User
    Windows 10 and bluetooth file transfer from phone

Concerning the tedious nature of sending one file at a time between an Android phone and Win10...

It's still annoying (and not pleasantly workable like Win7), however I have figured out a way to send more than one file at a time. (This assumes you are already paired up between devices, and you already know how to transfer a single file.)

For Android, from the Play store, download an improved file manager, like File Commander (or another one that allows multiple file selections.)

• In File Commander, from the Home screen, go to Pictures (or wherever the files are)
    • Once you have a list of files, press on a file you want to transfer, and hold... until the background turns gray. It is now selected, and will remain selected.
    • Now press on another file you want to transfer, hold, etc, like the step above.
    • Repeat the previous step as many times as you want to select more files. (I've successfully done 20 files at one time. There may be some limit on either the sending or receiving side.)
    Once you have all of your files selected, set your Win10 computer to receive a bluetooth transfer.

Going back to the Android phone... In File Commander, press the triple-dot menu, then share, then bluetooth, and select your Win10 computer

All of the files will transfer in one shot. You still need to confirm the location of the files in Win10 once the transfer is complete, but you have multiple files transferred at one time. It helps.

NotBobNot, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Munki Win User

Transferring files to phone taking way too much time.

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Transferring files to phone taking way too much time.

1. Transferring files to phone taking way too much time. - Similar Threads - Transferring files phone

2. System loading takes too much time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System loading takes too much time.: Hello community.My Windows needs like 2 minutes to boot.This started a few days ago. I used a backup, and I installed the latest updates but this didn't affect the boot time.It looks like: I press the power button on the PC case - I see BIOS things press f11 my USB devices...
  3. System loading takes too much time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System loading takes too much time.: Hello community.My Windows needs like 2 minutes to boot.This started a few days ago. I used a backup, and I installed the latest updates but this didn't affect the boot time.It looks like: I press the power button on the PC case - I see BIOS things press f11 my USB devices...
  4. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space: I'm looking for an answer about how to clear up disk space!I have a 256GB SSD, and nearly half of it is "System & reserved" files!! It is a Dell XPS 15 9575, a two-in-one laptop with touchscreen and pen. About 2 years old, bought it new. It still runs great, no issues except...
  5. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space: I'm looking for an answer about how to clear up disk space!I have a 256GB SSD, and nearly half of it is "System & reserved" files!! It is a Dell XPS 15 9575, a two-in-one laptop with touchscreen and pen. About 2 years old, bought it new. It still runs great, no issues except...
  6. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows taking too much time to open folders of my phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows taking too much time to open folders of my phone: Hey my computer has been working fine. It has 8 gb ram. It is opening all other folders usually but is not able to open the folders of my mobile phone. It is taking forever to open it. The task manager is almost free. Please resolve the issue....
  8. take too much time to update window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    take too much time to update window: take to much time to update window i try it from yesterday but till now it not update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/take-too-much-time-to-update-window/1c3808a1-0c59-488f-b366-8b3448576019
  9. Windows Defender Taking too Much Time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Taking too Much Time: My windows defender is now in its 21st hour doing a full scan. Is this normal? How long should it take? [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-taking-too-much-time/e1e68879-0e78-4e99-9052-de943e38cdaf
  10. take too much time for installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    take too much time for installation: Hi, I would experience the time issue for installing the update.it going on preparing installation about 2 hours.what's the reason? I have a fresh new device with 8 GB RAM and core i7 processor could any one pls tell the problem?...