Windows 10: Transferring Home and Student to a different computer owner

Discus and support Transferring Home and Student to a different computer owner in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I gave away my computer to someone who really needed it. I did not uninstall the software for it. I now realize I might have made a mistake as I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Shirlyn_827, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Transferring Home and Student to a different computer owner

I gave away my computer to someone who really needed it. I did not uninstall the software for it.

I now realize I might have made a mistake as I was assuming he would be able to get the updates for it.

However, the software is connected to my Microsoft account.

So am I correct in thinking that he needs to buy his own copy of Home and Student?

Or is there a way I can transfer it to him?

Thanks

:)

Shirlyn_827, Jul 18, 2020
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jul 18, 2020
  3. TDonahue2 Win User
    Transfering Ofifice Home and Student 2016 to new computer

Purchased computer in fall of 2017 (Windows 10) and installed Office Home & Student 2016 and now the computer is dead. Bought new (better) computer to replace it and want to transfer the product key to the new computer. Old computer will not boot up.

TDonahue2, Jul 18, 2020
  4. TDonahue2 Win User

Transferring Home and Student to a different computer owner

Transfering Ofifice Home and Student 2016 to new computer

I went to that page and hit the install button and did NOT see any "Install Information" button which would list the old (dead) laptop.

All it did was install Office Home and Student 2016 on the new computer with (what I think is) a new Product Key as the number listed does not match my old one.

I followed through the full installation and now Word/Excel/etc. is on the computer, but I am fearful of opening them as it will activate the new product key (for which I will need to pay).

TDonahue2, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Transferring Home and Student to a different computer owner

1. Transferring Home and Student to a different computer owner - Similar Threads - Transferring Home Student

2. how to setup two computers on same network with different owners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to setup two computers on same network with different owners: Windows 11 Pro on both machines https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-two-computers-on-same-network-with/c7caa05d-4dc9-4383-a699-7b432481151a
  3. Difference between 'Owner' and 'Administrator'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between 'Owner' and 'Administrator'?: I'd like to posit that 'Owner' and 'Administrator' are different, and that the technicians who code error messages may be confusing one for the other. Often times, it says "Administrator Permission" needed when it actually needs Ownership of the file and subfolders to be...
  4. Difference between 'Owner' and 'Administrator'?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference between 'Owner' and 'Administrator'?: I'd like to posit that 'Owner' and 'Administrator' are different, and that the technicians who code error messages may be confusing one for the other. Often times, it says "Administrator Permission" needed when it actually needs Ownership of the file and subfolders to be...
  5. Transferring to different computer- Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Transferring to different computer- Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: After getting a new PC for my wife, I plan on giving the older one to a relative. She is currently using a beat up laptop to work from home. My plan is to use Macrium Reflect to transfer the system from the laptop to the PC, then using Redeploy to get the PC up and running....
  6. How to transfer Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019 to a new device?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019 to a new device?: Hi. Can you tell me the steps on how to transfer my Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019 to a new device? Two months ago, I bought a new desktop together with the installer for the Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019. I installed the program to that device. A week ago,...
  7. MS home and student

MS home and student: i need to reinstall ms home and student 2007 after comuter crash MS Home and student https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-home-and-student/6141e397-085f-4c8b-bc7e-fe49fddb148a
  8. Explain different versions of Office 2019 Home and Student??

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Explain different versions of Office 2019 Home and Student??: There are at least 2 versions, each with a different Product Code. Both are key cards. Neither appears to be a subscription. The first one is priced around 110 to 120; the second one at 150 and occasionally on sale for less. It looks like in both cases, the buyer is sent...
  9. computer owner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer owner: I have tried to change settings and am told that only the owner can make the change I want. I AM the owner. I am also the administrator. I havce been told that I need to change the title "owner" from the PC to me. How do I do this. I have changed anything that I have...
  10. Office home and student

Office home and student: I purchased a three year sub. to office home and student and my computer crashed. I purchased a new laptop, so how to I get my subscription on to my new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-home-and-student/185a121a-9ce5-4689-bd8b-11daef0117a9"