Windows 10: transferring individual license to another person

Discus and support transferring individual license to another person in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello guys! I'd like to know which is the best approach when selling a computer that is running a copy of windows I personally bought. If the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BeniMalancas, Feb 26, 2019.

1. transferring individual license to another person

Hello guys!

I'd like to know which is the best approach when selling a computer that is running a copy of windows I personally bought. If the new owner does something against the License Agreement or I don't know, maybe installs unlicensed software on that machine, who is held responsible for that?

Do Microsoft keep a record for each product, linking the software with my name, the one who initially purchased it? And if this is the case, is there any way of officially transferring the license?

Thanks!

:)

BeniMalancas, Feb 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Feb 26, 2019
  4. transferring individual license to another person

Windows 10 license transfer

There is no actual deactivation method.

You can only transfer the license if its a retail license. If it came with the laptop you can't transfer it.

You can first uninstall the key.

Open Start, type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

slmgr -upk

Hit Enter

Next, proceed to upgrade the new laptop:

You might need to reactivate by chat support since the license was previously in use.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

transferring individual license to another person

1. transferring individual license to another person - Similar Threads - transferring individual license

2. Transfer Windows license to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows license to another account: Recently I bought a new PC, installed a fresh windows and as you'd expect, windows isn't activated. However, I purchased Windows 11 Home from the store as a digital purchase to activate my account.My question is this. I would like to transfer that license I purchased to...
  3. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  4. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  5. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  7. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  8. Transfer Windows license to another laptop

Transfer Windows license to another laptop: I lost my laptop which had a genuine copy of Windows 10 Home. Now, I am using another laptop but it came with no pre-installed OS. So I want to reuse the old license of the window on my new laptop. Is it possible? Also, I do not have the product key of the lost laptop but it...
  9. Digital license transfer to another account

Digital license transfer to another account: Hey, I want to change the Microsoft account linked with my PC. However, I am uncertain if by doing so my digital license will be transferred to the new account. I have ensured that the older account is signed out from my device. I was also observing the activation page which...
  10. Transfer license to another account

Transfer license to another account: I have OEM Windows 10 on my laptop, Digital License is attached to my Microsoft Account. Is it possible to transfer the license to another account, the license will be use on the same machine. (Note:I intend to sell my laptop to another people.)...