Windows 10: Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?

Discus and support Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I use a W10 pc and an iMac. Now and then, i have a screen capture, or a simple Document, or most anything I would like to transfer to the Mac.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, May 21, 2020.

1. Robert11 Win User

Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?

Hello,
    I use a W10 pc and an iMac.

Now and then, i have a screen capture, or a simple Document, or most anything I would like to transfer to the Mac.

Have been doing it now via a USB Memory Stick formatted as ExFat between the two.

There must be a simpler way.
    Yes ?

They are both hooked into my single household Router, etc via Ethernet.

Any suggestions on a (simple) way to do this with the memory stick ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, May 21, 2020
  2. sygnus21 Win User

2 W10 PCs on home network

MAC addresses are unique and are hardwired into every Network Adapter manufactured (aka NIC card). They just aren't unique to a specific device with regards to brand, make and model. A lot of manufactures gets parts from different vendors so it stands to reason not every address will be for the same vendor or item.

As to identifying what's what on your network, perhaps this article could shed some light - How to Determine Who Is Connected to Your Wireless Network

That said, I think you need to stick to one problem at a time to lessen confusion. Either solving the network communication issue or figuring out what's on your network.

And you never answered my suggested fix post. Where are we on that???

sygnus21, May 21, 2020
  3. transfer storage

Hi,

There are many reasons why you run into this error when transferring your backup files from a Mac hard drive to a Windows 10 computer. For us to isolate the issue further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Have you formatted the hard drive prior to transferring the backup files?

Just a heads up, if the Mac hard drive was not formatted before using it with a Windows 10 PC, it has been suggested to some users to obtain a third party software to be able to access a Mac-formatted drive in File Explorer on your computer. This is not
    advisable to some due to the fact that there are some programs that won't run the files in the same manner.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 21, 2020
  4. Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?

File Transfers between Mac and PC

After upgrading to Windows 10 - file transfers from my Mac to the Pc are being written as a Hidden file. I've changed to the properties of the folder containing these to show hidden files but I can't find the option to change so that they are transferred
    and available to all users.

JerryAnton, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?

1. Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ? - Similar Threads - Transferring Items between

2. Transfer W10 Pro To New PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer W10 Pro To New PC?: I'm getting a new computer. Can I de-activate my Windows 10 Pro license on my current PC, then activate on my new PC, or do I have to buy a second copy? Thanks. 182551
  3. sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's

in Windows 10 Customization
    sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's: I have literally spent a full week trying to get my W7 & W10 pc's sharing. I have read thru dozens of online articles, none of which are helpful. I don't want to share individual files & folders... I want to share everything between these two pc's as I transition from W7 to...
  4. TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC

TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC: I am trying to use the Windows migration tool to transfer my files from my Surface to a Macbook. I am being asked to go to RUN, type cmd, then the extension chkdsk. When I do this access is denied and says a firewall is blocking everything. I turn off windows defender and it...
  5. Single Keyboard For W10 pc And A Mac ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Single Keyboard For W10 pc And A Mac ?: Hi, I presently use a W10 pc and also a Mac on my desk. Each has their own Logitech keyboard. Small desk. Is there a single keyboard that I could get that would enable easy switching between the two pc's ? If so, easy to set up ? Thanks, Bob 163055
  6. Single Keyboard For W10 pc And A Mac ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Single Keyboard For W10 pc And A Mac ?: Hi, I presently use a W10 pc and also a Mac on my desk. Each has their own Logitech keyboard. Small desk. Is there a single keyboard that I could get that would enable easy switching between the two pc's ? If so, easy to set up ? Thanks, Bob 163055
  7. Upgrading PC and transfering W10

Upgrading PC and transfering W10: Hello ! I am quite a noob when it comes to PC but I learn fast ! Three years ago I had a custom built gaming PC delivered on which the compagny that built my PC installed W10, now I feel like some components deserve to be replaced, notably the Motherboard. I read that...
  8. Playing a MAC file on W10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing a MAC file on W10 PC: I've got windows 10 on my PC. I have a neighbor that has a MAC using it for their security system. They gave me a USB drive to show the people trying to break in to their front door so I could see what happened. I cannot convert the seven MAC .mp4 files to view on my PC. I...
  9. Transferring Files And Docs Between pc and iMac ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring Files And Docs Between pc and iMac ?: Hello, I have a W10 pc and also a desktop iMac. Sometimes I have to transfer files or docs from one to the other. Driving me crazy. Presently do it via a USB Memory stick. Any other more straightforward ways of doing it ? More than one possibility to consider ? Both...
  10. Transfering Apps Between PC's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfering Apps Between PC's: Hello Microsoft people, recently I got a new laptop (Acer Nitro 5) I purchased Cuphead on my other laptop and I don't know how to transfer the app to this PC. I am signed into the Microsoft account I used on my other laptop and it says the app is not purchased on this laptop....