Windows 10: Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?

Discus and support Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I use a W10 pc and an iMac. Now and then, i have a screen capture, or a simple Document, or most anything I would like to transfer to the Mac.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, May 21, 2020 at 8:12 AM.

1. Robert11 Win User

Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?

Hello,
    I use a W10 pc and an iMac.

Now and then, i have a screen capture, or a simple Document, or most anything I would like to transfer to the Mac.

Have been doing it now via a USB Memory Stick formatted as ExFat between the two.

There must be a simpler way.
    Yes ?

They are both hooked into my single household Router, etc via Ethernet.

Any suggestions on a (simple) way to do this with the memory stick ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

2. sygnus21 Win User

2 W10 PCs on home network

MAC addresses are unique and are hardwired into every Network Adapter manufactured (aka NIC card). They just aren't unique to a specific device with regards to brand, make and model. A lot of manufactures gets parts from different vendors so it stands to reason not every address will be for the same vendor or item.

As to identifying what's what on your network, perhaps this article could shed some light - How to Determine Who Is Connected to Your Wireless Network

That said, I think you need to stick to one problem at a time to lessen confusion. Either solving the network communication issue or figuring out what's on your network.

And you never answered my suggested fix post. Where are we on that???

3. transfer storage

Hi,

There are many reasons why you run into this error when transferring your backup files from a Mac hard drive to a Windows 10 computer. For us to isolate the issue further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Have you formatted the hard drive prior to transferring the backup files?

Just a heads up, if the Mac hard drive was not formatted before using it with a Windows 10 PC, it has been suggested to some users to obtain a third party software to be able to access a Mac-formatted drive in File Explorer on your computer. This is not
    advisable to some due to the fact that there are some programs that won't run the files in the same manner.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 21, 2020 at 8:13 AM
  4. Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?

File Transfers between Mac and PC

After upgrading to Windows 10 - file transfers from my Mac to the Pc are being written as a Hidden file. I've changed to the properties of the folder containing these to show hidden files but I can't find the option to change so that they are transferred
    and available to all users.

Thema:

Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?

1. Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ? - Similar Threads - Transferring Items between

2. Transfer Windows to a Mac but old PC Hard Drive is shot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows to a Mac but old PC Hard Drive is shot: Hello All and thank you in advance for your help. I recently got a Mac and before I could transfer everything my PC kicked rocks and I desperately need windows on my Mac to run a software that I use for my work. I did do a Carbonite backup from my PC which I can access...
  3. transfer W10 pro from a broken PC

transfer W10 pro from a broken PC: Hello, my PC failed to restart in the process of a windows update. I got a black screen. no bios. so rather than faff around I have bought another PC. I have the OS drive from my old PC and all info on that can be accessed. Is there any way that I can transfer my w10...
  4. Transferring w10 from one pc to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring w10 from one pc to another?: I have a Digital license (retail, not OEM) of w10 pro on an old laptop that I no longer use. I want to remove this license from the laptop and put it onto a completely new PC. Completely different components. I've read all the articles on this I could find, however I hadn't...
  5. Upgrading PC and transfering W10

Upgrading PC and transfering W10: Hello ! I am quite a noob when it comes to PC but I learn fast ! Three years ago I had a custom built gaming PC delivered on which the compagny that built my PC installed W10, now I feel like some components deserve to be replaced, notably the Motherboard. I read that...
  6. Playing a MAC file on W10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing a MAC file on W10 PC: I've got windows 10 on my PC. I have a neighbor that has a MAC using it for their security system. They gave me a USB drive to show the people trying to break in to their front door so I could see what happened. I cannot convert the seven MAC .mp4 files to view on my PC. I...
  7. Transferring Files And Docs Between pc and iMac ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring Files And Docs Between pc and iMac ?: Hello, I have a W10 pc and also a desktop iMac. Sometimes I have to transfer files or docs from one to the other. Driving me crazy. Presently do it via a USB Memory stick. Any other more straightforward ways of doing it ? More than one possibility to consider ? Both...
  8. How exactly to merge between items on PC and in Onedrive to avoid downloading to PC and...

How exactly to merge between items on PC and in Onedrive to avoid downloading to PC and...: If I have a large folder stored in my Onedrive and I want to sync it in the Onedrive folder on my PC, then what happens if, instead of waiting for it to download from the cloud onto my PC, I copy that same folder from an external hard drive to the Onedrive folder on the PC?...
  9. W10 Transfer to a friend.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Transfer to a friend.: I am giving my W10 computer to a friend and want to know how to transfer W10 and ownership to them. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-transfer-to-a-friend/816b5636-e5d7-4ff4-8773-22ce5826bf18"
  10. Transfering Apps Between PC's

Transfering Apps Between PC's: Hello Microsoft people, recently I got a new laptop (Acer Nitro 5) I purchased Cuphead on my other laptop and I don't know how to transfer the app to this PC. I am signed into the Microsoft account I used on my other laptop and it says the app is not purchased on this laptop....