Windows 10: Transferring license from a dead computer to a working computer

Discus and support Transferring license from a dead computer to a working computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi everyone I would like to ask if i can transfer my old windows 10 license to a working computer. My old computer seems to be dead and all of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by maki palino, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Transferring license from a dead computer to a working computer

Hi everyone

I would like to ask if i can transfer my old windows 10 license to a working computer. My old computer seems to be dead and all of my data in the hard drive isnt possible for recovery. So if ever possible, i want to transfer my windows license to a working computer since that both my hard drive and the motherboard are fried. If so, how can i recover my windows 10 pro license to be able to register in a working computer. I got the reactivation license when i tried to change the motherboard that i brought and it works after contacting microsoft support. The license is linked to my account so im wondering if it is possible.

:)

maki palino, Dec 9, 2018

2. Transfering win10 from a dead computer

Greetings,
    Need assistance please, my MSI Laptop caught the dreaded Logo loop disease and is useless. I've purchased a new Laptop but since this is my work computer, all my files, programs and passwords need to be on the new laptop. Since my 'old' laptop is dead how do get my information transferred? I've pulled both of the drives (SSD and SSHD), tested them (both are accessible). However, the operating system is win10pro, the new one is win10 home. I'm more concern with the SSD drive transfer since that was my system drive (the other was just ancillary program and data storage. Any suggestions besides using a Jack Korvorian starter kit?

sdsmithinc, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Transferring Windows 10 to another computer Digital License

Hi Nikola,

Transferring a digital license to a new computer will depend on the type of Windows 10 license you have installed on your computer.

To address you're issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Andre Da Costa
    on this thread about transferring Windows
    10 to another computer.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Transferring license from a dead computer to a working computer

Andre Da Costa, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Transferring license from a dead computer to a working computer

1. Transferring license from a dead computer to a working computer - Similar Threads - Transferring license dead

2. How to deactivate windows license from dead computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to deactivate windows license from dead computers?: I had windows10 key which I was able to use on 5 devices. During past years, I have changed many computers and used that key. Those computers are dead. My question is how I can free those licenses from dead comuters and use them somewhere else?...
  3. Finding my windows license from a dead computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finding my windows license from a dead computer: I have an old dead hp laptop, with a windows 10 pro license, and my new pc came with windows 10 home pre-installed I was wondering how to upgrade to the windows 10 pro license, since it had office 365 and some other useful features The laptop is completely dead, CPU fried...
  4. Can you transfer License from a dead computer to another machine

Can you transfer License from a dead computer to another machine: I had just installed W10 to an older Silverstone home built desktop just to make use of it somehow. I used a key my son had purchased as a 2 key set and hadn't used. This didn't workout as the machine is too old and a lot of the hardware is not supported. It is working but...
  5. transfer the license from a dead computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer the license from a dead computer: I have a windows 7 computer that had my license Mircosoft Office on it . How can I transfer it to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-the-license-from-a-dead-computer/4e07af5e-7cca-448f-b71b-b746d052624d
  6. transfter the license from a dead computer

transfter the license from a dead computer: I have a windows 7 computer that had my license Mircosoft Office on it . How can I transfer it to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfter-the-license-from-a-dead-computer/4e07af5e-7cca-448f-b71b-b746d052624d
  7. Transfer Windows 10 license from old dead computer to new computer?

Transfer Windows 10 license from old dead computer to new computer?: I have an old computer that died, which was running Windows 10. I have another computer that my dad gifted to me, but I want to transfer the license from my old computer to the gifted computer. Unfortunately, I don't know where I stored the old Windows Product Key. I've...
  8. transferring Windows from dead computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring Windows from dead computer: I bought a retail version of Windows for my computer 4 years ago. I did a free update to Windows Pro & it refers to my having Windows 10 Pro on the Microsoft website. Now my old computer has died & I can't access anything. When I build my new computer, I am wondering if I...
  9. Transfer license from the dead

Transfer license from the dead: My laptop died, as in the cylinders were ratting around. Idiot me tossed it before it dawned on me that I might not get full windows 10 on my new laptop. Which turned out to be a Surface - it comes with Windows 10 S (which seems to be a 'we want to protect you from...
  10. Windows 10 transfer from dead computer

Windows 10 transfer from dead computer: I have a laptop which had Windows 10 installed (probably from an upgrade from 8 or 7) and a PC running Windows 7. The laptop's HDD has partially crashed. Is there any way I can transfer the Win 10 licence from the laptop to the PC? Can I boot the laptop into DOS or something...