Windows 10: Transferring license to another pc with Windows 10 retail

Discus and support Transferring license to another pc with Windows 10 retail in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have been getting so many mixed message regarding "retail" not OEM version of Windows 10 that I just want to get some confirmation. Can windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MC_85, Apr 3, 2021.

1. MC_85 Win User

Transferring license to another pc with Windows 10 retail

Hi, I have been getting so many mixed message regarding "retail" not OEM version of Windows 10 that I just want to get some confirmation.

Can windows 10 pro retail transferable to another pc infinitely as long it's tied to one pc? Some shops told me that there is a limit to how many times it can be transferred and I cannot find any official statement on this aside from some community replies 5 years ago. I'm planning to install it on my current old pc and transfer the license to the new hardware in near future.

:)

MC_85, Apr 3, 2021
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Andre Da Costa, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Transferring license to another pc with Windows 10 retail

Andre Da Costa, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Transferring license to another pc with Windows 10 retail

1. Transferring license to another pc with Windows 10 retail - Similar Threads - Transferring license another

2. Retail license transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retail license transfer: Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now....
  3. Retail license transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retail license transfer: Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now....
  4. How to transfer retail license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one my my microsft accounts which I'm not using it any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  5. How to transfer retail license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one my my microsft accounts which I'm not using it any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  6. Windows 10 Home retail license transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home retail license transfer: Hi, I run into a problem, that I cant seem to find a way to transfer my retail non OEM license between my old laptop witch I will no longer use and new one i bought recently. Old laptop has windows activated, new one - not. Before I installed new laptop with win10 I...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC

Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro version (Retail) which is on my old PC, now I got a new PC and want to activate it on that, I understand that only 1 activation may be active at once. I want to transfer from one to the other. I cannot find my product key anywhere and in...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC: Hello guys i buyed a retail key for windows 10 pro my Laptop was on Windows 10 home OEM but i will buy a new PC soon so how i can transfer my pro license to my new pc do i need to re enter my key? or only format old pc and sing in on the new PC to update to pro?...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL: I purchased a full retail Win 10 pro license and the product was delivered digitally. I did a clean install on the machine I was intending to use, but subsequently decided I did not want to use that machine because of it's age, so I purchased a new computer. I expected that I...
  10. Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL: I purchased a full retail Win 10 pro license and the product was delivered digitally. I did a clean install on the machine I was intending to use, but subsequently decided I did not want to use that machine because of it's age, so I purchased a new computer. I expected that I...