Windows 10: transferring licensed retail version of Windows 10 to a new computer

Discus and support transferring licensed retail version of Windows 10 to a new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a full licensed retail version of Windows 10 on my old computer. Full details please of how this ma[y be transferred to my new computer. Am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Charlie#&, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Charlie#& Win User

transferring licensed retail version of Windows 10 to a new computer

I have a full licensed retail version of Windows 10 on my old computer.

Full details please of how this ma[y be transferred to my new computer.

Am not an IT guru so need details of where to access the old Product key

Many thanks

Charlie #&

:)

Charlie#&, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 4, 2020
  3. How to transfer windows 10 license to a new computer?

If its the free upgrade originated from an OEM Windows 7 or Windows 8 preinstalled license, it is still not transferrable, even though it says its retail in the command line using slmgr.vbs /dlv command.

Only licenses upgraded from a retail Windows 8 or Windows 7 or full Windows 10 license.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 4, 2020
  4. transferring licensed retail version of Windows 10 to a new computer

Transfer Windows Retail key or original version to new computer

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/activate-window...

Andre Da Costa, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

transferring licensed retail version of Windows 10 to a new computer

1. transferring licensed retail version of Windows 10 to a new computer - Similar Threads - transferring licensed retail

2. Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware: I started a hardware upgrade project recently with the intention of upgrading the motherboard and CPU. During a partial disassembly I realized I would need to buy a new case and also that I can't get the hard drive fully out of the plastic tray it was mounted in. The original...
  3. Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware: I started a hardware upgrade project recently with the intention of upgrading the motherboard and CPU. During a partial disassembly I realized I would need to buy a new case and also that I can't get the hard drive fully out of the plastic tray it was mounted in. The original...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. transfer windows 10 to new computer -retail version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer windows 10 to new computer -retail version: need to move windows 10 from Mac to a new one. It is a retail copy - is there a simple way of doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-to-new-computer-retail-version/191c7e13-ac27-4ba8-a997-191c9610e2a7
  6. transfer windows 10 to new computer -retail version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transfer windows 10 to new computer -retail version: need to move windows 10 from Mac to a new one. It is a retail copy - is there a simple way of doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-to-new-computer-retail-version/191c7e13-ac27-4ba8-a997-191c9610e2a7
  7. transfer windows 10 to new computer -retail version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Forgot to deactivate a retail license to transfer to a new computer

Forgot to deactivate a retail license to transfer to a new computer: Hello. I own a retail license of Windows 7 with a free upgrade to 10 some many years ago. I recently changed hardware motherboard, GPU, processor so it was a significant change. I actually forgot to deactivate the old license I am still using the same HD so that means I can't...
  9. Transferring Retail License of Windows 10 To New Computer Without Access to Old Computer

Transferring Retail License of Windows 10 To New Computer Without Access to Old Computer: To put it simply, the computer I built many years ago no longer functions. When I put that computer together I purchased a retail license of windows 10. I'm in the process of getting parts to put together a new rig and was curious as to how I would be able to transfer my...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC: Hello guys i buyed a retail key for windows 10 pro my Laptop was on Windows 10 home OEM but i will buy a new PC soon so how i can transfer my pro license to my new pc do i need to re enter my key? or only format old pc and sing in on the new PC to update to pro?...