Windows 10: Transferring licenses between machines

Discus and support Transferring licenses between machines in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matt_Thomas, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Transferring licenses between machines

Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had been provided to me by several clients i had 5 different profiles, one for each client so i could access Teams, SharePoint etc.. I had to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro to do this.I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro but couldn't because of hardware issues.I built a new computer.I want to load Windows 11 Pro and transfer the li

:)

Matt_Thomas, Dec 7, 2023

2. License transfering

I have an older PC with Windows 10 box license installed. I’ve recently purchased a new laptop and want to transfer this license to the new machine. Could you provide me with the steps please

PhilKoenig, Dec 7, 2023
  3. Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Uninstalling a product key does not deactivate the license, there is actually no deactivation method. You would still need to contact support to actually invalidate the license on the old machine, so it can reactivate on the new machine.

Transferring the license is a step by step process.

First, you either remove the license from the machine by formatting it.

Install it on the new machine.

Contact chat support, then reactivate.

Where Digital license is handy is when you are still using the machine and reinstall Windows 10 and need to reactivate the license after a significant hardware change, such as a hard disk.

Learn more:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

Andre Da Costa, Dec 7, 2023
  4. jacobacci Win User

Transferring licenses between machines

Transfer Office 365 license that came with machine to new owner

In March 2019 I bought a Trekstor Surfbook that came with a 2 year license for Office 365. This license is listed in my Microsoft account as being valid until March 2021.
    Now I am selling the machine and I would like to transfer the Office 365 license to the new owner.
    Can someone enlighten me how to achieve this?
    Thanks a lot

jacobacci, Dec 7, 2023
Thema:

Transferring licenses between machines

1. Transferring licenses between machines - Similar Threads - Transferring licenses between

2. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  3. Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?: I have HDD A which has Windows 10 Pro. I also have HDD B which has Windows 7 Pro. They are each Virtual Machines VM's. When using B I can use it on every computer. I do not activate the internet. I simply use the VM and the programs contained. I use B with Windows Hyper-V. I...
  4. Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?: I have HDD A which has Windows 10 Pro. I also have HDD B which has Windows 7 Pro. They are each Virtual Machines VM's. When using B I can use it on every computer. I do not activate the internet. I simply use the VM and the programs contained. I use B with Windows Hyper-V. I...
  5. Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Transferring VM license to Non-Virtual Machine?

Transferring VM license to Non-Virtual Machine?: I have a VM set up on Linux with an activated install of Windows on it. If I decided to get rid of the VM on this computer and simply install Windows bare metal, would I be able to use the same license I bought for the VM since its the same computer physically or would it...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 License between Reinstall

Transfer Windows 10 License between Reinstall: So I am looking to reinstall Windows 10 Home because my computer is starting to feel slow but I don't know how to re-activate Windows 10 after I reinstall. I can't buy a new licences and not reinstalling is kinda not an option....
  8. Transferring a Windows license from a physical machine to a virtual machine

Transferring a Windows license from a physical machine to a virtual machine: I asked this question previously, but had a follow-up question which was never answered, so I assume that it has to be asked separately. I have Windows 10 Education on a physical machine that I built - is there any way of transferring it to a virtual machine running on a...
  9. LGPO - transfer policy settings between machines

in Windows 10 Customization
    LGPO - transfer policy settings between machines: I wonder if you could help with transferring policy settings from one PC to another. I have used MMC with GPEDIT snap-in to create a fairly robust lock-down policy for non-admin users on my setup machine which I have saved in My Documents folder. I want to apply this policy...
  10. transfer digital licenses between computers

transfer digital licenses between computers: Hi I have 4 computers, 3 with win10 pro and one with home. I would like to transfer one of the computers to the home device as it's my newest laptop. I do not know what type of license I have, oem or retail etc... I know they were all upgraded from win7 to 8 to 10.......