Windows 10: Transferring Microsoft from an old computer to a new one

Discus and support Transferring Microsoft from an old computer to a new one in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I was hoping someone could help with moving my copy from Windows 10 to a new computer I'm looking to get a new build a new computer for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Matthew Bulpin, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Transferring Microsoft from an old computer to a new one

Hi, I was hoping someone could help with moving my copy from Windows 10 to a new computer

I'm looking to get a new build a new computer for University which I've not done before and noticed that I need a copy of Windows to operate properly, I don't want to buy another copy due to budget restraints and I noticed that Microsoft allows users to transfer the license from one computer to another. The computer I want to transfer from was originally operating on Windows 7 but I upgraded it to Windows 10.

My question is, will this be doable? I've managed to find my copy of the product licencse key and have looked at guides on how to transfer I just want to know whether it will work for me

:)

Matthew Bulpin, Feb 22, 2021

2. How to transfer contact list, old mail, etc from my old computer to the new computer?

Original title: Laura

I just got a new computer with Windows 10 and successfully set up Windows Live Mail (as that is the mail program I like best). How can I transfer contact list, old mail, etc from my old computer to the new computer.

LauraFincher, Feb 22, 2021
  3. New computer - transfer old key

Hi,

The Windows 10 Pro upgrade would be tied to the old computer and is not transferable. I believe it will be necessary to purchase Windows 10 Pro.

Try the following steps:

To upgrade, select the Start button, then select Settings >
    Update & security > Activation.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.
    • If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select
      Troubleshoot, and then follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • If you don't have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Pro is available for purchase from the Store.
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Smittychat., Feb 22, 2021
  4. Transferring Microsoft from an old computer to a new one

transfer files to new windows 10 computer from old windows 7 computer

Windows Easy Transfer is not available in Windows 10

Content provided by Microsoft

Applies to: Windows 10

• However, Microsoft has partnered with Laplink to bring you
      PCmover Express
      —a tool for transferring selected files, folders, and more from your old Windows PC to your new Windows 10 PC.

dawsonville hotmail, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Transferring Microsoft from an old computer to a new one

1. Transferring Microsoft from an old computer to a new one - Similar Threads - Transferring Microsoft old

2. Transferring license key from an old computer to the new one.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring license key from an old computer to the new one.: I have an old HP laptop which I upgraded from Win 7 to Windows 10 and wonder if I can transfer the license key from that laptop before recycling it, to my desktop PC I run with a digital license....
  3. transfer data from old computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer data from old computer to new computer: How do I transfer my data from my usb to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-old-computer-to-new-computer/3f750332-54ba-4c01-a19b-dc8104de7a6c
  4. Transfering from old computer to new.

Transfering from old computer to new.: We are trying to transfer all the address book/contacts from an older computer with Outlook to a new one. The new Outlook won't transfer the addresses or phone numbers just the names. How can we get around that? We are using an external drive to make transfers....
  5. File transfer from old to new computer

File transfer from old to new computer: How do you easily transfer files from an old computer to new computer in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-from-old-to-new-computer/d2deafdb-e993-4441-b34c-612ae5d2e329
  6. Transfer Files from old to new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer Files from old to new computer: How can I transfer files from my external hard drive to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-old-to-new-computer/d3888df2-0288-4252-89c8-13c74ec0d862"
  7. Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one

Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one: I have a Dell 'all in one' desk top Inspiron One 2330 (Windows 10) which is failing and not worth repairing. I have purchased another Dell 'all in one' desktop model 3475 also Windows 10. My question is how can I transfer all files and data from the old computer to the new...
  8. Transfer files from old Microsoft account to the new one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer files from old Microsoft account to the new one?: I created a new Microsoft account on the laptop that I’ve bought recently. I’d like to know if I can transfer the files from my old Microsoft account that I used before....
  9. transfer files from old computer to new

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer files from old computer to new: transfer files from old computer to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/f49e2618-aa29-457b-b562-ff7d6117fbaa"
  10. unwanted transfer of desktop from old computer to new one

in Windows 10 Customization
    unwanted transfer of desktop from old computer to new one: purchased new computer unpacked it and began setup I entered Microsoft password I used with old computer and all the icons and wallpaper from old computer transferred to new one. How did this happen and how do I undo it? * Moved from IE other/Windows other * OS assumed to...