Windows 10: Transferring My Activated Windows 10 installation to another laptop

Discus and support Transferring My Activated Windows 10 installation to another laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hey all, I bought a laptop a year back which came pre installed Windows 10 Home Edition.I now want to, if possible ,create an installation media with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SrinjoyMukherjee, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Transferring My Activated Windows 10 installation to another laptop

hey all,

I bought a laptop a year back which came pre installed Windows 10 Home Edition.I now want to, if possible ,create an installation media with the product key and use that media for installing windows later.I am Computer Science student and would like to experience linux.If i dont like it I will come back to windows.Is there a way to achieve this.? I cant find my product key.For Activation it says this:

>Windows is activated with digital license and linked to your Microsoft account.

Thanks.

:)

SrinjoyMukherjee, Feb 21, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 21, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Transferring My Activated Windows 10 installation to another laptop

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Transferring My Activated Windows 10 installation to another laptop

1. Transferring My Activated Windows 10 installation to another laptop - Similar Threads - Transferring Activated installation

2. Transfer of windows activation key to another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of windows activation key to another computer: Hello, I bought my Dell laptop with preinstalled windows 8 back in 2015 and even in the first day I upgraded it to windows 10 for free. My question is if I can transfer my activation key to another computer? Regards...
  3. Transfer Windows license to another laptop

Transfer Windows license to another laptop: I lost my laptop which had a genuine copy of Windows 10 Home. Now, I am using another laptop but it came with no pre-installed OS. So I want to reuse the old license of the window on my new laptop. Is it possible? Also, I do not have the product key of the lost laptop but it...
  4. transfer windows 10pro to another laptop

transfer windows 10pro to another laptop: I had a desktop with windows 10pro it recently suffered a power supply failure the hardrive is in good conditions it works perfect but I bought a asus vivobook with windows 10 can I transfer my license from the 10pro to the 10...
  5. Transferring boot drive with windows 10 to another laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring boot drive with windows 10 to another laptop: Hey all, I bought a gaming laptop a while ago and got a license of windows 10 education on it, but I want to upgrade my device and was wondering if I could simply deactivate windows, put my boot drive in the new laptop and reuse the license on it instead. It takes quite some...
  6. Transferring boot drive with windows 10 to another laptop

Transferring boot drive with windows 10 to another laptop: Hey all, I bought a gaming laptop a while ago and got a license of windows 10 education on it, but I want to upgrade my device and was wondering if I could simply deactivate windows, put my boot drive in the new laptop and reuse the license on it instead. It takes quite some...
  7. Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to another laptop?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to another laptop?: Hi! I know that there are plenty of questions like this on the web, but some answers are contradictory so I'd like to have an answer which will be applicable to my specific situation. Some time ago I bought a laptop without operating system and then I acquired "Windows 7...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home: Hi Everyone, This is my first time asking to this community, sorry if this kind of post or question is not comply with community guidelines. My old laptop (let's call it A46CB) is installed with Windows 10 Pro and already activated. I got it from free upgrade from my...
  9. Can't activate (transfer) Windows 10 from another PC

Can't activate (transfer) Windows 10 from another PC: When Windows 10 was released I upgraded my old Windows 7 PC to Windows 10. I'd like to transfer that licence to another PC now. I've deactivated the Product Key on the old PC yesterday; today I'm trying to activate that very Product Key on my other PC. But it doesn't work....
  10. Transfer and reactivate my Windows 10 Pro key on another laptop

Transfer and reactivate my Windows 10 Pro key on another laptop: I bought a new laptop (Windows 10 Home installed) three months ago and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. But last week I sent it to a service center due to hardware problems. Instead of repairing, they gave me a totally new laptop and installed back Windows 10 Home. How do I...