Windows 10: Transferring my insider program to a new laptop

Discus and support Transferring my insider program to a new laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been using a older Dell XPS13 Laptop for the Insider program. Originally it had OEM software on it, but I bought WIndows 7 and installed that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dick_8355, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Dick_8355 Win User

Transferring my insider program to a new laptop

I have been using a older Dell XPS13 Laptop for the Insider program. Originally it had OEM software on it, but I bought

WIndows 7 and installed that. I moved to Windows 8 and then later moved up into Windows 10 Pro with the insider

program. I ordered a new Dell XPS13 this afternoon, with the intention of moving the software over from my old

XPS 13 and continuing with the Insider program (which I enjoy participating in,).

The new XPS13 I just ordered comes with an SSD drive instead of an HDD drive, but if transfer of software and

insider privilege is not allowed for me to continue with the program, I will probably cancel my order and continue

with my old laptop.

My concerns are with the speed of the old laptop and the knowledge that drivers are no longer supported.

Can you advise me.

:)

Dick_8355, Nov 26, 2018

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 26, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    insider Program activaction

Hi Rahul,

For you to join the Windows Insider Program, we suggest following the steps provided on this
    link. Please make sure that you are registered to the Insider program. Once registered, you can now install the Windows 10 Insider Preview for
    your device.

Let us know if you have other concern.

John Fer, Nov 26, 2018
  4. firefolks Win User

Transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop

I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 and need to transfer my software/programs from my old laptop (also Windows 10). Is there an easy way to do that? or should I just give up and pay someone? Appreciate any help!

firefolks, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Transferring my insider program to a new laptop - Similar Threads - Transferring insider program

2. how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop: how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop - from windows 10 to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-programs-from-old-laptop-to-new/10628b52-b0b8-4a4d-8e6b-1003d91bede7
  3. how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop: how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop - from windows 10 to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-programs-from-old-laptop-to-new/10628b52-b0b8-4a4d-8e6b-1003d91bede7
  4. New computer programs/data transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New computer programs/data transfer: My grandson has been using a laptop for about 4-5 years now. Over the years hes done a lot with it invluding using MS Office plus dozens of other programs like Steam and others along with all their data and useage. If we get him a new laptop is there some way to get his new...
  5. Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop: Something went wrong with my Windows 7. I will figure it out in due time. But for now, I just want to copy and paste the appropriate Outlook files from my Windows 7 to my Windows 10 computer. In Windows 10, I already created a non-email Outlook user profile with the pst...
  6. Transfer PROGRAMS and files to new win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer PROGRAMS and files to new win 10 laptop: Hi all, Can someone tell me how to transfer PROGRAMS, files and settings from my old windows 10 laptop to my new windows 10 laptop? I want to transfer the programs also, not just the file and settings. Also, both systems are 32 bit. Thanks John...
  7. Transfer SSD to new laptop

Transfer SSD to new laptop: My laptop is on its last legs and needs replacing. But it has a good SSD with Windows 10 and lots of data on it which I want to keep. Can I buy a new laptop with no HDD or OS and transfer my existing SSD complete with OS straight into it? Am I allowed to transfer my existing...
  8. transfer programs to New computer

transfer programs to New computer: What is the best way to transfer programs and files from old computer to New computer, both are Windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-programs-to-new-computer/8f5734b2-590e-4c7a-b3b2-810151372a4d
  9. transfer programs and data to new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer programs and data to new computer: Getting a new computer tomorrow. Is there a transfer program which will install my existing programs onto the new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-programs-and-data-to-new-computer/18360797-43f7-4823-997c-1cc75b1c381f"
  10. new laptop transfer files

new laptop transfer files: I have a new laptop and want to get everything off the old one and onto the new one. I tried to find a USB transfer cored but had no luck and now I am sitting here wasting valuable time when I need to be working. Someone know what I should be doing here?...