Windows 10: Transferring my microsoft account to my son

Discus and support Transferring my microsoft account to my son in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there a way to transfer my Microsoft account over to my son? He has been using my account on his Xbox for some time and I would like him to use his... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dwayne Klein, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Transferring my microsoft account to my son

Is there a way to transfer my Microsoft account over to my son? He has been using my account on his Xbox for some time and I would like him to use his own. He is concerned about loosing some information / data or something. Can I reassign the current account to him and then recreate a new account for me?

:)

Dwayne Klein, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

3. Transfer Xbox Account to a Family Member

Thank for your response. Your Microsoft account is the account you use to manage your interactions with Xbox Live and other Microsoft services, including Outlook.com, OneDrive, Skype, Windows 10, Windows Phone, and more. This central account allows you to:

• Manage all your Microsoft services from a single account
    • Sign in to your Xbox console or the Windows 10 Xbox App
    • Manage your purchases and subscriptions
    • Establish and manage family settings to keep your kids safe

You can create a new Microsoft account to set it as an Xbox Live account, for your son can transfer your son's password handles, game licenses, and account activity. The steps are provided on this

link
    that was shared earlier.

We'll keep an eye on your response.

Jomari Arc, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Munki Win User

Transferring my microsoft account to my son

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Transferring my microsoft account to my son

1. Transferring my microsoft account to my son - Similar Threads - Transferring microsoft account

2. My son's OneDrive is attached to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son's OneDrive is attached to my Microsoft account.: My son set up his school account including the school OneDrive on my computer. He did not set up a separate Microsoft login on my computer and so his OneDrive is attached to my MS account. This is creating problems because I enter my MS password but then it needs his login...
  3. My son's OneDrive is attached to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son's OneDrive is attached to my Microsoft account.: My son set up his school account including the school OneDrive on my computer. He did not set up a separate Microsoft login on my computer and so his OneDrive is attached to my MS account. This is creating problems because I enter my MS password but then it needs his login...
  4. Can I transfer Minecraft to my son's account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer Minecraft to my son's account?: I purchased Minecraft using my email account a few months ago. My son got a computer for Christmas and I set it up with his email. Can I transfer my Minecraft purchase to his email so he can have it on his account instead of mine?...
  5. Can I transfer Minecraft to my son's account?

Can I transfer Minecraft to my son's account?: I purchased Minecraft using my email account a few months ago. My son got a computer for Christmas and I set it up with his email. Can I transfer my Minecraft purchase to his email so he can have it on his account instead of mine?...
  6. My son's account cannot be added to Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son's account cannot be added to Microsoft family: Hi,I have created an account for my son when I bought him an XBOX. I have purchased games under my account and allowed him to play under his account as a child. Recently I bought him a laptop which runs Windows 11 and use the same account to login.His account was ok for few...
  7. My son's account cannot be added to Microsoft family

My son's account cannot be added to Microsoft family: Hi,I have created an account for my son when I bought him an XBOX. I have purchased games under my account and allowed him to play under his account as a child. Recently I bought him a laptop which runs Windows 11 and use the same account to login.His account was ok for few...
  8. My son's account cannot be added to Microsoft family

My son's account cannot be added to Microsoft family: Hi, I have created an account for my son when I bought him an XBOX. I have purchased games under my account and allowed him to play under his account as a child. Recently I bought him a laptop which runs Windows 11 and use the same account to login. His account was ok for few...
  9. Transfer or refund Minecraft from my account to my son's account

Transfer or refund Minecraft from my account to my son's account: Hi, I bought few weeks ago Minecraft fomr Microsoft Store for my son. However, I don't want him to play from my Windows Account and I want to transfer on his account. Since it's playing already on PS4, currently he's not playing on Windows. My question is if it's possible...
  10. adding money to my sons microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    adding money to my sons microsoft account: ive been on hold for 3 days,2 no call backs and a wealth of no help im just trying to add money to my sons account for his birthday I keep getting a message saying I need to contact support,i did and they couldn't help.said they would call back and never did(thanks j.d.)...