Windows 10: Transferring Non-OEM Windows 10 key to a new PC

Discus and support Transferring Non-OEM Windows 10 key to a new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I recently built a new PC, and would like to transfer the current Windows license (on the computer that I am typing this on), to the new one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BenHeinz, Nov 24, 2018.

1. BenHeinz Win User

Transferring Non-OEM Windows 10 key to a new PC

Hello!

I recently built a new PC, and would like to transfer the current Windows license (on the computer that I am typing this on), to the new one.

I'm having trouble finding the product key. The standard way of finding it, thru admin command prompt, is not working. Are there any other ways to find the key on my own, or do I have to contact support?

Additional Information- I originally got this license through a long-gone Win7 CD, then did the free upgrade to 10 when they offered it.

Thanks!
    Ben

:)

BenHeinz, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Andre Da Costa, Nov 24, 2018
  3. xlook Win User
    Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?

I built a new PC and want to install windows 8.1. For this I need to buy a product key. I was told that OEM product keys are "married" to the motherboard for life.

But lets say I install win 8.1 and use an OEM product key yo activate it. And lets say in the future I get rid of the old motherboard and install a new motherboard. Will I be able to transfer the product key to the new motherboard? Or would I need a retail product key to transfer the key to a new PC or motherboard?

xlook, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Caring1 Win User

Windows 7 OEM key

Generally the upgrade has to be done first, before a clean install can be done, and it's not really relevant to transferring the key to another system.

Caring1, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Transferring Non-OEM Windows 10 key to a new PC - Similar Threads - Transferring Non OEM

2. Windows Pro licence key non-oem on oem devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro licence key non-oem on oem devices: Hi,I bought a new ASUS laptop Laptop A with windows 10 OEM pre-installed. I do not have a record of this keyI performed the free upgrade on laptop A that was permitted at the time to windows 11I then installed a windows 8 PRO key standalone / non-Oem that I bought years ago...
  3. can windows 10 OEM can transfer into a new PC ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can windows 10 OEM can transfer into a new PC ?: Hello Everyone I'm kinda upset right now because my PC died and I did build a new computer then I can't reactivate my Windows 10 Pro, how do I manage this ?, should I remove device from a not working device from my account, I've struggling in the last couple weeks can you...
  4. can windows 10 OEM can transfer into a new PC ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can windows 10 OEM can transfer into a new PC ?: Hello Everyone I'm kinda upset right now because my PC died and I did build a new computer then I can't reactivate my Windows 10 Pro, how do I manage this ?, should I remove device from a not working device from my account, I've struggling in the last couple weeks can you...
  5. can windows 10 OEM can transfer into a new PC ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Transferring Win 10 key (OEM)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring Win 10 key (OEM): My rig is self-build and 3 years old. The OEM version of Win 10 was purchased seperately on Amazon and installed by myself. But .... Looks like I have now damaged my motherboard with a BIOS update (interrupt storm) and there's nothing that can be done to fix it and MSI wants...
  7. How to transfer W10 key from non working pc to new pc?

How to transfer W10 key from non working pc to new pc?: My pc has stopped working and I have built a new one I need to install windows to the new pc, how can i reactivate the new key and the install files onto the new pc?...
  8. Transfer OEM key

Transfer OEM key: I have an windows 7 OEM key which I used to activate windows 10 on my old laptop but I got a new one without windows in which I got to activate the old key without any problems. For what it seems, the key is linked to my account. Is it okay to have 2 computers with same key?...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 Home OEM license to a new PC

Transfer Windows 10 Home OEM license to a new PC: Hi, I moved my OEM license to my new PC, workes fine, invalidated the old pc activation before. Now I’ve upgraded my old pc, formatted it, and reinstalled Windows 10 without license and I intend to sell it. But everytime it boots up into windows, I see windows picking up a...
  10. Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?

Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?: I built a new PC and want to install windows 8.1. For this I need to buy a product key. I was told that OEM product keys are "married" to the motherboard for life. But lets say I install win 8.1 and use an OEM product key yo activate it. And lets say in the future I get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 non-system locked preinstallation

2. transferring windows 10 key

3. windows 10 non-oem