Windows 10: Transferring of windows license

Discus and support Transferring of windows license in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, recently I would like to upgrade my computer from a HDD to a M.2 NVMe SSD for the boot drive. I plan to install windows again so that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HarriusAlpha, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Transferring of windows license

Hi all, recently I would like to upgrade my computer from a HDD to a M.2 NVMe SSD for the boot drive. I plan to install windows again so that I can have a fresh start. But the problem is I don’t know how to port the existing license of Windows 10 pro to the new installation. Since I signed in Windows using Microsoft account, the license page signifies me that the license is digital and linked with my Microsoft account, does that mean I just need to sign in to the new Windows installation and the license will be applied automagically? Thanks in advance!

:)

HarriusAlpha, Sep 30, 2022

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Transferring of windows license

Windows 10 license transfer

There is no actual deactivation method.

You can only transfer the license if its a retail license. If it came with the laptop you can't transfer it.

You can first uninstall the key.

Open Start, type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

slmgr -upk

Hit Enter

Next, proceed to upgrade the new laptop:

You might need to reactivate by chat support since the license was previously in use.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Transferring of windows license

1. Transferring of windows license - Similar Threads - Transferring license

2. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  3. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  4. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?: I bought Windows 10 Pro a few years ago and installed in on my personal desktop computer. Well that computer has since died and I have a new one, but it has Windows 10 Home Edition.How do I transfer the license that I purchased to this new computer?...
  5. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?: I bought Windows 10 Pro a few years ago and installed in on my personal desktop computer. Well that computer has since died and I have a new one, but it has Windows 10 Home Edition.How do I transfer the license that I purchased to this new computer?...
  6. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

7. Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops: Dear TeamI am writing to inform you about the necessary upgrade of our office computer desktops, which are currently running on Windows 10 OS with the retail license keys associated.       As part of the upgrade process, we intend to replace the outdated desktops with new,...
  8. Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops: Dear TeamI am writing to inform you about the necessary upgrade of our office computer desktops, which are currently running on Windows 10 OS with the retail license keys associated.       As part of the upgrade process, we intend to replace the outdated desktops with new,...
  9. Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops

10. Can I Install Windows 10 on a new laptop, transfer the license, and upgrade to Windows 11...

Can I Install Windows 10 on a new laptop, transfer the license, and upgrade to Windows 11...: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, however my hardware is no longer suitable for it. So I'm thinking of getting a new laptop. But there's one catch. That laptop is missing an operating system and an RJ45 port, so I don't have internet access and can't...