Windows 10: transferring paint 3d project files

Discus and support transferring paint 3d project files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I transfer paint 3d project files to another computer runnig paint 3d?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by richardFisher5, Mar 26, 2019.

1. transferring paint 3d project files

How do I transfer paint 3d project files to another computer runnig paint 3d?

:)

richardFisher5, Mar 26, 2019

2. Paint 3D Projects not Appearing

Hi,

The location that you've provided is the default file storage for Paint 3D. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Have you tried browsing on the default file storage and open the project files in Open menu? If yes, what happens when opening the project files?
    • What do you mean about project.json does not point to any of the projects?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step and check if the project files are visible in the Open menu. You can also try browsing the project files in the Open menu after running the troubleshooter.
    For your reference, check this article on how to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Is there a way to transfer Google Sketch projects into Paint 3D

I made a Google Sketch project a number of years back for a contest, and I would like to put it into the paint 3D app to work on it and maybe make a 3D print of it down the road. Is there a way to transfer Google Sketch projects into 3D paint?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

CraigBennett II, Mar 26, 2019
  4. transferring paint 3d project files

Paint 3D raw file transfer

I am using Paint 3D and recently got a new computer. I would like to be able to edit all of my old projects and simply transfer them to the new computer. I've transferred all the files from %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MSPaint_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Projects
    to the same folder on the new computer, however, Paint 3D still does not recognize any previous projects.

How can I get these projects over to the new computer in their raw form for editing. Saving as a .glb, .fbx or .3mf does not allow me to edit the files.

Please help!!!

JeremiahTylski, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

transferring paint 3d project files

1. transferring paint 3d project files - Similar Threads - transferring paint project

2. Recovery of lost Paint 3D Project

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery of lost Paint 3D Project: Hello,I was working on a Paint 3D project and used "Save As Paint 3D Project" before closing my window. However, I am now unable to find my project. Could someone please help me with where these projects get saved? I've tried running a search across my system for the project...
  3. Paint 3D not saving my projects.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D not saving my projects.: Hi Microsoft,I have been using Paint 3D for many years for my projects, but now it fails to save the projects. I have checked many other Q/A about this topic but none of the solutions help me.I had run troubleshoot, reset the app data, checked the Windows update and...
  4. Paint 3D not saving my projects.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D not saving my projects.: Hi Microsoft,I have been using Paint 3D for many years for my projects, but now it fails to save the projects. I have checked many other Q/A about this topic but none of the solutions help me.I had run troubleshoot, reset the app data, checked the Windows update and...
  5. MS Paint 3D - project file recovery

MS Paint 3D - project file recovery: MS paint kept crashing when I opened it. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and all my projects were gone!Is there any way to get them back. Are the files automatically backed up before uninstalling, if so tell me how to access them , or is there another way to get...
  6. Paint 3D not loading projects.

Paint 3D not loading projects.: Hi. I've been making a Unity project and have been using paint 3D to make my models. Recently, I made a model that isn't too complex in my opinion, but when I went to save it, It took hours to save and never saved, like it got stuck. I closed it knowing it hadn't saved, and...
  7. 3D Paint won't open a project

3D Paint won't open a project: I've been using the 3D Paint app for a project, but after I saved it to work on it later, it would not allow me to open it. It comes up with the message, 'Can't read that file', 'Something went wrong.' This pops up for two of my files in the app, but not for all of my files...
  8. Paint 3D: Can't open project

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Paint 3D: Can't open project: Hello Windows Community, I was doing something in Paint 3D, when suddenly, my screen turns black and then goes back to normal. Paint 3D then had an error that said, "Paint 3D needs to close: Not sure what happened, but we're working on it." I tried finding answers to this...
  9. Paint 3D raw file transfer

Paint 3D raw file transfer: I am using Paint 3D and recently got a new computer. I would like to be able to edit all of my old projects and simply transfer them to the new computer. I've transferred all the files from %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MSPaint_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Projects to the...
  10. Paint 3d projects deleted

Paint 3d projects deleted: Paint 3d was not responding, so i did a reset. It said no files would be deleted, but they all were. I still have files i saved as glb files, but 2d projects are gone. A system restore did not help. Nor did a recover search for the Ms Paint app data bin files. Are my projects...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MSPaint_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Projects

2. paint 3d projects folder

3. 3d paint saved file location