Windows 10: transferring photos from computer to external hard drive

Discus and support transferring photos from computer to external hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I transfer photos from my computer to an external hard drive, is there a quick way? I have hundreds of photos and dread copying them even in lots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CJ. sunflower, Mar 3, 2020.

1. transferring photos from computer to external hard drive

When I transfer photos from my computer to an external hard drive, is there a quick way? I have hundreds of photos and dread copying them even in lots of 10.

:)

CJ. sunflower, Mar 3, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How do I transfer photos in Windows 10 to my external hard drive

Hi DianeD48

Connect your External Hard drive to your PC

Open Windows File Explorer

On the left, click Pictures

On the right, find the photos you want to transfer to the external drive

Right click those photos or their containing folder and choose 'Send To' - your external drive will be bottom of the 'Send To' list

That's It, wait for those to transfer across . . .

DaveM121, Mar 3, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Transferring photos from laptop to external harddrive

Hi Linda

It is best to do this manually, rather than through the Photos App . .

Connect your External Hard Drive

Open Windows File Explorer

On the left, click Pictures yo open your Pictures library folder

Then, on the right select the photos or folders of photos you want to transfer

Right click those and choose 'Send To' - your external hard drive should be bottom of the 'Send To' list

That will transfer those files to your external drive . ..

DaveM121, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

transferring photos from computer to external hard drive

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

transferring photos from computer to external hard drive

1. transferring photos from computer to external hard drive - Similar Threads - transferring photos computer

2. transferring photos to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transferring photos to external hard drive: Can someone please help me put my photos that I have saved onto my pc with OneDrive sync on, onto an external hard drive. i only want the image folder placed onto the external hard drive not the OneDrive back up.I have tried several times and it is coming up with There is not...
  3. transferring photos to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transferring photos to external hard drive: Can someone please help me put my photos that I have saved onto my pc with OneDrive sync on, onto an external hard drive. i only want the image folder placed onto the external hard drive not the OneDrive back up.I have tried several times and it is coming up with There is not...
  4. Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.: Can someone tell me how to transfer data from hard drive to external SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-hard-drive-to-external-ssd/8d744dd6-1e4d-48a6-bcda-c241eec118bb
  5. Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.: Can someone tell me how to transfer data from hard drive to external SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-hard-drive-to-external-ssd/8d744dd6-1e4d-48a6-bcda-c241eec118bb
  6. transfer games from hard drive to external drive problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer games from hard drive to external drive problem: My hard drive is almost full to purchased an external game drive. Went to Steam and followed their instructions to transfer games to newly created folder on the game drive. Followed directions to the letter and when I hit the create new folder, message was "read only" and...
  7. USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive: I'm having a hard time finding which USB ports on my laptop and its dock are v3 or v2 (or less possibly), but when I tried two different ports (I think one is v3), they both seemed to transfer at about 150KBps... which seems slow even for USB v2. I'm copying files from an...
  8. trying to transfer photes from computer to hard external drive

trying to transfer photes from computer to hard external drive: I need the steps to transfer photos from my computer to hard drive external https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-transfer-photes-from-computer-to-hard/2b8760ec-4211-44b2-b263-27e2be574d8d
  9. Unable to transfer files to and from external hard drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to transfer files to and from external hard drives: My HP laptop is unable to modify or transfer files from external hard drives. It says i need permission to access the folders so i changed the ownership and reset the permissions of the files and it still didn't work. I also tried formatting the hard drives but it didn't...
  10. Transferring an album from MS Photos to an external hard drive

Transferring an album from MS Photos to an external hard drive: I am changing laptops. I want to save albums created in MS Photos to an external hard drive. How can I accomplish this task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-an-album-from-ms-photos-to-an/645eb8b9-79f4-4803-ac04-b04b61a34763