Windows 10: transferring photos from digital camera to laptop

Discus and support transferring photos from digital camera to laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; unfamiliar with transferring - have a 8 yr old gateway laptop and i believe i have a slot in left front to insert a memory card or do i need a usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maureenlynch1, Nov 23, 2018.

1. transferring photos from digital camera to laptop

unfamiliar with transferring - have a 8 yr old gateway laptop and i believe i have a slot in left front to insert

a memory card or do i need a usb cable to transfer and do i need a cd rom to accomplish this

thanks for any assistance

:)

maureenlynch1, Nov 23, 2018
  2. DaedalusHelios, Nov 23, 2018
  3. stighy Win User
    How to automatically copy photos when I connect digital camera to Pc Usb?

How can automatically upload my digital cameras photos, when i connect to my PC ?

How to set it one time, specifying destination folder, so the next times , everytime i plug my digital camera to my USB, photos are automatically copied ?

EDIT: it is accettable solutions:

1) Script

2) Third party software

Thanks

stighy, Nov 23, 2018
  4. transferring photos from digital camera to laptop

When I take a photo of myself with my laptop camera, what directory is it placed in?

By default, your pictures should appear in your Pictures\Camera Roll folder. If they aren't there, follow these steps to figure out where they are being saved:

1. Take a picture with the camera app.
    2. Click the thumbnail of the picture you just took at the bottom right of the app.
    3. When the photo viewer opens, click the three dots (...) at the top right and select "File Info".

A panel will then appear and it will tell you the directory where your picture is located.

If you created your account picture by going to your account settings and then selecting "create your picture -> camera", then the picture will not have been stored in your camera roll. It will be located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures as mentioned by @kicken.

Alex Myers, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

transferring photos from digital camera to laptop

1. transferring photos from digital camera to laptop - Similar Threads - transferring photos digital

2. Transferring digital photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring digital photos: My new digital camera has an HDMI output instead of USB. Fine fir viewing on a monitor but I want to transfer pictures to my laptop. Has this now been made impossible as HDMI doesn't do data transfer? Is the only option taking out the SD card every time, which is a real pain....
  3. Transferring digital photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring digital photos: My new digital camera has an HDMI output instead of USB. Fine fir viewing on a monitor but I want to transfer pictures to my laptop. Has this now been made impossible as HDMI doesn't do data transfer? Is the only option taking out the SD card every time, which is a real pain....
  4. Microsoft disconnected feature that automatically transferred photos from my digital camera...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft disconnected feature that automatically transferred photos from my digital camera...: September 16, 2020 2:21 PM EST 1 The following is brief summary of the problem with which I need assistance to correct. 2 Up until a few days ago, whenever I plugged my Canon Delf – 360 HS digital camera’s wire into my HP PC’s USB port, the pictures on its flash card...
  5. Transfer of pictures from camera to laptop

Transfer of pictures from camera to laptop: I connected my Olympus camera to my laptop, which runs windows 10, and could see that the pictures were being transferred. However, I cannot find where they went! They are not in the camera roll...
  6. Unable to transfer photos from Kodak DX6490 Camera.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to transfer photos from Kodak DX6490 Camera.: Kodak EasyShare - I have used this app to transfer photos from my Kodak DX6490 to my PC for many years. It has been working on WIN10. In the past few weeks I am no longer able to transfer photos. I have deleted and reinstalled the software. MS Tech support had me upload the...
  7. importing photos from a digital camera

importing photos from a digital camera: Microsoft and Windows 10 are ****. Importing photos used to be straightforward but updated Windows 10 has made this once simple operation so complicated that I've given up. This stupid updating that changes everything is not wanted or desired, so bloody well leave it alone....
  8. transfer of photos from iphone to laptop:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer of photos from iphone to laptop:: When I connect my iPhone to laptop only a few of my photos show up for transfer I have an icloud account, so is this happening because most pics are being sent to icloud folder and how can I transfer them onto my laptop?...
  9. unable to transfer digital photos from camera to computer since recent system 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to transfer digital photos from camera to computer since recent system 10 update: Since recent MS update to Windows 10 I have been unable to download photos from digital camera to computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-transfer-digital-photos-from-camera-to/5eb6c2ac-f707-411c-a6ac-321b33d53af4"
  10. transfering photos from nikon to laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfering photos from nikon to laptop: technology dummy, but trying have windows 10 have a nikon and usb cable connected to my gateway laptop computer doesn't recognize - i had a vivatar that is programed already - do i need to eliminate that first?...