Windows 10: transferring photos to a flash drive with Windows 10

Discus and support transferring photos to a flash drive with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 may be ok in many respects, transferring photos to a flash drive is not. Nevertheless, after an hour or so of trial and error, and receiving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by elgato42, Nov 30, 2018.

1. elgato42 Win User

transferring photos to a flash drive with Windows 10

Windows 10 may be ok in many respects, transferring photos to a flash drive is not. Nevertheless, after an hour or so of trial and error, and receiving incorrect information from the help center, I did discover a method that will enable the transfer to be made using this simple "copy and paste" procedure.

1. insert a flash drive into computer

2. open "photos" window

3. on top of photos home page, click on "folders"

4. on "folders" page click on picture of folder to be transferred to flash drive

5. when individual pictures appear, left click in box that appears in picture's upper right corner

6. then right click on the full picture and click on "copy" from drop down menu

7. after following the foregoing procedure for each picture or group of pictures to be transferred to the flash drive, click on permanent "File Explorer" app at the bottom of the screen

8. the File Explorer screen will appear

9. scroll down menu on left side of "File Explorer" screen and hi-lite the flash drive to be used (you should see a driver designation and a picture)

10. near top left of the File Explorer screen, find the "paste" box and click on it

11. a list of files transferred to the flash drive will appear

12. return to the "photos" home window and repeat the process as necessary

Needless to say, the process of transferring any computer files or information to a disc or flash drive needs to be reviewed and modified by Microsoft with an eye towards user-friendly simplification. But until that happens, hopefully the foregoing procedure may be helpful.

:)

elgato42, Nov 30, 2018

2. Pictures transfer FROM flash drive TO Windows 10

Hi Scott,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would recommend you to follow the below given steps to transfer pictures from computer to a flash drive.

• Plug-in the flash drive to the USB port on the computer
    • Select the pictures that you want transfer it to flash drive.
    • Right click on the selected pictures and choose
      Send To
      option.
    • From the options, select the plugged-in USB.
    • Pictures will be transferred to the flash drive.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Photo Transfer

Hi Lorie,

You can transfer photos from your computer to your flash drive in many ways such as by copying and pasting the files, by dragging and dropping them, or by using the Send to option. You can perform the following steps about how your transfer
    your files:

• Insert your flash drive into your computer’s USB port.
    • Open File Explorer, select the photos you want to transfer, right-click on the group of selected files, then select
      Copy.
    • Explore your flash drive on another File Explorer window. Your flash drive should be recognized as a drive letter. Most flash drives will be labelled as a
      Removable Disk.
    • Right-click on an area where you want to transfer it, then select Paste.

Alternatively, you can select the photos then drag and drop them to their destination which is a folder on your flash drive. You can also select the photos, right-click on the group of selected files, choose Send To, then select the letter
    of your flash drive.

Let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Angela Pun, Nov 30, 2018
  4. transferring photos to a flash drive with Windows 10

Pictures transfer FROM flash drive TO Windows 10

When I plug in flash drive it does not display o r any thing. how do I display the drive that is plugged in? There is no more my computer option like on previous windows versions.

B cooper_715, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

transferring photos to a flash drive with Windows 10

1. transferring photos to a flash drive with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - transferring photos flash

2. Trying to download windows on a mac to transfer to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to download windows on a mac to transfer to a flash drive: Looking for some help. My son's Ibuypower computer is having issues and during a chat, with them, they sent me a link to download windows again and a link to a youtube video explaining how to do that. The issue is that the only working computers in the house are Macs. I...
  3. Trying to download windows on a mac to transfer to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to download windows on a mac to transfer to a flash drive: Looking for some help. My son's Ibuypower computer is having issues and during a chat, with them, they sent me a link to download windows again and a link to a youtube video explaining how to do that. The issue is that the only working computers in the house are Macs. I...
  4. transfer photos to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    transfer photos to windows 10: I can not import photos from my camera to Window 10. I have the correct USB cable. I was able to do this and suddenly cannot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-photos-to-windows-10/d03f4741-35d7-4afa-a397-ad0f8f50e08a
  5. Transfer photos to a flash drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Transfer photos to a flash drive: I made some photo albums in the Windows 10 photos section. How do I select the albums and then transfer them onto a flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-photos-to-a-flash-drive/368d08ba-794d-4026-bdd5-304109ec2af0
  6. transfer picture from one drive to flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer picture from one drive to flash drive: Transfer pictures from one drive to flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-picture-from-one-drive-to-flash-drive/1922bad8-dc8b-4c70-a802-7d34281e6bec
  7. Transfer of emails to flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer of emails to flash drive: I have set up the POP mail account managed by my ISP in my Windows Mail app and have kept a large number of old emails there. Now my ISP is telling me that I am running out of the storage capacity allocated to me and I need to pay extra to increase the storage space. Since...
  8. PC photos to Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC photos to Flash Drive: How do I copy and paste photo from my PC to a USB Flash Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-photos-to-flash-drive/89aee16a-7e65-4225-9a6b-2367c04b33f4"
  9. Tansferring Photos off Windows 10 laptop to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tansferring Photos off Windows 10 laptop to a flash drive: How do I get MY photos from MY Microsoft 10 laptop to store locally on MY laptop so I can transfer them to a flash drive or organize the way I want?...
  10. transferring a movie to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transferring a movie to a flash drive: Hi. I have a movie I converted to an MP4 file and want to move it to a USB flash drive. The file is a little over 5gb and the drive is 32mb. I get a message that the file is too large for the destination which is not possible. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you. 103489

Users found this page by searching for:

1. export photos from windows 10 to flash drive

2. transfer photos to flash drive windows 10

3. transfering photos from windows 10 to flash drive

4. in Windows 10 how to transfer a photo album to a flash drive?,
  5. how to trasfer photos from lap top windows 10 to flash drive,
  6. transfer pictures from pc to flash drive windows 10,
  7. photos to flash drive windows 10,
  8. export photos to flash drive windows 10,
  9. help with trnsfering photos to a flash drive in windows 10,
  10. transferring photo from flash drive to computer error not supported