Windows 10: Transferring photos to a USB drive/external drive

Discus and support Transferring photos to a USB drive/external drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so i am trying to move 5 .jpg photos from the Documents folder in my C drive onto a external drive, so I click copy from the Documents folder, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CameronPearson1, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Transferring photos to a USB drive/external drive

so i am trying to move 5 .jpg photos from the Documents folder in my C drive onto a external drive, so I click copy from the Documents folder, then attempt to paste in the external drive, and the photo fails to transfer. It shows the green transfer speed bar, then reaches around 17% of the transfer, then an error occurs and cannot be transferred. What is going wrong?

:)

CameronPearson1, Sep 9, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Transferring photos to an external drive such as Passport

Hi James

Connect that external drive

Open File Explorer, on the left, choose your Pictures Library

On the right hand side, select the folders of photos you want to transfer, right click those and choose Send To - your external drive should be bottom of that Send To list

Then, you would need to delete those photos from your PC to stop those being synced to OneDrive . . .

DaveM121, Sep 9, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How do I transfer photos in Windows 10 to my external hard drive

Hi DianeD48

Connect your External Hard drive to your PC

Open Windows File Explorer

On the left, click Pictures

On the right, find the photos you want to transfer to the external drive

Right click those photos or their containing folder and choose 'Send To' - your external drive will be bottom of the 'Send To' list

That's It, wait for those to transfer across . . .

DaveM121, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Transferring photos to a USB drive/external drive

Transferring photos to an external drive such as Passport

How does one transfer photos to an external hard drive, such as PassPort, to prevent additional storage expense on OneDrive?

JamesLedbetter4, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Transferring photos to a USB drive/external drive

1. Transferring photos to a USB drive/external drive - Similar Threads - Transferring photos USB

2. Transferring photos from mac to windows on external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring photos from mac to windows on external drive: I used to have a MacBook that I used to put all photos onto an external hard drive and now have switched to a surface pro running windows 11 and when plug the hard drive in does not recognise the photos stored. I’m guessing this is a format problem but how can I overcome...
  3. Transferring photos from mac to windows on external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring photos from mac to windows on external drive: I used to have a MacBook that I used to put all photos onto an external hard drive and now have switched to a surface pro running windows 11 and when plug the hard drive in does not recognise the photos stored. I’m guessing this is a format problem but how can I overcome...
  4. transferring photos to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transferring photos to external hard drive: Can someone please help me put my photos that I have saved onto my pc with OneDrive sync on, onto an external hard drive. i only want the image folder placed onto the external hard drive not the OneDrive back up.I have tried several times and it is coming up with There is not...
  5. transferring photos to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transferring photos to external hard drive: Can someone please help me put my photos that I have saved onto my pc with OneDrive sync on, onto an external hard drive. i only want the image folder placed onto the external hard drive not the OneDrive back up.I have tried several times and it is coming up with There is not...
  6. USB external Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB external Drive: My wife's Windows 10 Pro PC suddenly died.Can I move her Ext drive to to my Windows 10 Pro PC, so we can read her files ?Both are identical DELL E6540's.I presently have my own Ext Drive all is working OK on my machine.Can I keep both of them plugged in ?We both are running...
  7. USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive: I'm having a hard time finding which USB ports on my laptop and its dock are v3 or v2 (or less possibly), but when I tried two different ports (I think one is v3), they both seemed to transfer at about 150KBps... which seems slow even for USB v2. I'm copying files from an...
  8. transferring photos from computer to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transferring photos from computer to external hard drive: When I transfer photos from my computer to an external hard drive, is there a quick way? I have hundreds of photos and dread copying them even in lots of 10....
  9. Transferring photos to an external drive such as Passport

Transferring photos to an external drive such as Passport: How does one transfer photos to an external hard drive, such as PassPort, to prevent additional storage expense on OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-photos-to-an-external-drive-such-as/25a15c5c-d616-4b49-84a1-50b3e6a8cfb4
  10. USB External Drive

USB External Drive: I use win 10. I have a Seagate external Slim Mobile Drive. It works fine but generates a warning in The USB Drive Device listing. The warning is: "This device cannot start." Should I Worry?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i k ow if my transfer of pictures is complete into the external drive

2. process to transfer photos to external hard drive