Windows 10: Transferring Product Key From Broken Computer?

Discus and support Transferring Product Key From Broken Computer? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So my old laptop came pre-installed with Windows 10, but recently it broke. So now I have a new PC and I was wondering if there was any way to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mehki J., Aug 25, 2019.

1. Mehki J. Win User

Transferring Product Key From Broken Computer?

So my old laptop came pre-installed with Windows 10, but recently it broke. So now I have a new PC and I was wondering if there was any way to get the product key off of my old computer and use it for this one? There's no way for me to access my old computer at all, but it is linked to my current Microsoft account.

:)

Mehki J., Aug 25, 2019

2. Transfer of product key

Hello.

Whoever told you that you need to "deactivate" is wrong. Go here for actual steps on transfering the product key over:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windo...

Simply put, you just need to transfer the license over. you do not need to deactivate first.

For more info, i suggest calling MS support about activation issues.

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Zackary Vanosdol, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Evanto Win User
    Product Key Transfer

I have Windows 7 OEM Home Basic Genuine Product Key on the bottom of my laptop, and I've upgraded it to Windows 10 Home. When I search for the product key using product key finder, I saw that is "Full-Packaged Product" media. That I know, the "Full-Packaged
    Product" media can be transfer to another machine (computer). How about I transfer my own product key (Windows 10) from laptop to my desktop computer, and I completely uninstalled my Windows OS on laptop and changed it to other OS (such as Ubuntu, Linux Mint,
    etc.). Is this completely legal?

Need your advice.

Thanks.

Evanto, Aug 25, 2019
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Transferring Product Key From Broken Computer? - Similar Threads - Transferring Product Key

2. transfer product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer product key: i upgraded my laptop windows 10 from Home to Pro. The laptop has died and been replaced, can i transfer my Pro upgrade to my replacement laptop which i would like to move from Home to Pro also?...
  3. Product key transfer

Product key transfer: I have a HP desktop with Windows 10 home 64 bit. Can I deactivate the product key on the HP desktop and use it to activate a new PC that I built? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-transfer/b9c9cafe-4ac2-42c4-9060-c367dd95af0d
  4. New computer and transferring product keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New computer and transferring product keys: [ATTACH] (English is not my main language, sorry for any mistakes) Hi everyone! I have a few questions about Product Keys and licensing on Windows. I'm looking to buy a new laptop that comes with a linux distro instead of windows, I don't actually use linux so I'm going...
  5. Transferring product keys to new computers

Transferring product keys to new computers: I have a windows 7 key from a laptop and a windows 10 key from a refurbished desktop. I was wondering if I could transfer the keys to two new desktops and would I be able to activate windows 10 with them? If it is possible how would I do so? Thank You [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Transfer Product Key

Transfer Product Key: Hi. My laptop is already 6 years old. I would like to change the HDD to SSD. I buy this laptop with original windows 8 already installed and then upgrade it to windows 10 during free windows 10 upgrade (not remember which year). Can I uninstall the product key on HDD and...
  7. Digital product key transfer - Broken PC to new Pc

Digital product key transfer - Broken PC to new Pc: Hi, I had a digital product key on my old pc - this is still linked to my Microsoft account. I was wondering if there is any way to move over my old windows product key to my new pc when i don't have access to the old PC any more. Both of the pc's are linked to my...
  8. Product Key Transfer

Product Key Transfer: I have a windows 10 pro product key on another laptop. This key was originally an 8 pro key which I could transfer between multiple devices. This laptop is dying and I uninstalled the key to install it on my current laptop which currently runs Windows 10 home; however, I...
  9. Transfer of product key

Transfer of product key: My windows computer has crashed. I have decide to buy a new one without OS hoping to use the same product key I had already purchased for the crashed PC. Windows states I must first deactivate the first computer in order to transfer the product key. How do I do that if the...
  10. Transferring Product Key from Defunct computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring Product Key from Defunct computer: My old comp with Windows 10 Pro is defunct and cannot be started. However I managed to remove the hard disk with the system on it which I can access with my new comp throughaa external drive.My new comp has NO operating system . How do I transfer/install Windows 10 from...